Edit: Whoops tagged the wrong Warwick ha

Reactions: pburv, WarwickL, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Put the £50 towards VCDS / OBD11 LoL :salute:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, azibux1 and pburv
Put the £50 towards VCDS / OBD11 LoL :salute:
I reckon that will be money well spent:friends:
One day I will take the plunge and get it..:yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3 Turbo and azibux1
Even better than VCDS would be if you could actually 'switch' the valves on and off, but obviously that would require some cable cutting/running

Would be nice though

Reactions: S3 Turbo, pburv and Rob2k68
I'd be interested to see/hear if this stops the nice warble/pops on the Facelift S3 as I'm wondering if they are amplified by some flaps opening/closing...

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I reckon that will be money well spent:friends:
One day I will take the plunge and get it..:yes:

I'll do you a deal on my 3 month old OBD11... :D bought it to do the passenger reverse mirror dip on the TT, but haven't used it since!! Don't fancy messing about initially on the S3 so surplus to requirements. Great bit of kit but you'll need an Android device.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Here it is @davc, see post 4 especially:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-drive-mode-start-in-dynamic-s.274318/#post-2735441

Also, this was an interesting read about being in S or not BEFORE you change to manual mode:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-paddles-in-dynamic-mode.279404/#post-2764515
Yes you're right, got you now lol. Thought you were talking about the drive select mode changing each time not the box going back to D after you previously had it in S before.

Reactions: azibux1
Will probably end up being too loud but thought I'd give it a try

This is definitely the right thing? Seems to be but thought I'd double check haha

Afternoon. Random hit up but I'm doing this with my B9 S4. Passenger side port was easily removed/unplugged but driver side just isn't budging. Is there something that needs depressed? It's a right ****** to get to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys feel any impact of low rpm torque after this mod? Personally, it felt minimal to me if there's even any, but a few friends claimed major lost of low rpm torque, even more noticeable than installing a downpipe? Just want to hear more opinion and confirm my sanity... Or maybe it's only more apparent on tuned S3s? Mine's completely stock ATM...

Let's play a game of thread resurrection..

I've just done this mod in VCDS, everything went ahead fine and the coding is definitely applied (I'm even getting N/A from the meas. blocks) and although I'm still getting the snap, crackle and pop's in Dynamic mode, I'm not getting them from the other modes, which is what I thought the opening of the vales would have given me?

Hmm not sure, mine sounds awesome in all modes (got res delete pipe too) though it does drone over 70 mph

Hi, if the valves are removed totally from the exhaust then does that leave the valves open ??

I believe so, but you have to follow a certain procedure, search the forum and you'll find it.

I think it's something like switch on the engine, cycle through to dynamic (even if on it already), go shove a stick or something through the valves to make sure they're open, then switch car off and unplug valves.

You can code them open on FL as I've done this on mine, see vid here
Just to add I seem to recall I had to have the car running & set in Dynamic & then code, might take a bit of trial & error but it defo works.

Last edited:
It Is not as mine is a FL DSG but flaps will be the same setting in module 1 (engine) for FL manual + DSG. If you live anywhere near Notts I'm happy to have a tinker for you, drop me a PM ;) if not check the VCDS map here on ASN to find someone more local to you.

Reactions: amit91987
It Is not as mine is a FL DSG but flaps will be the same setting in module 1 (engine) for FL manual + DSG. If you live anywhere near Notts I'm happy to have a tinker for you, drop me a PM ;) if not check the VCDS map here on ASN to find someone more local to you.
I have VCDS but every time I untick the flaps tick box - bit 2, the setting does not save and I get an error message.

I was getting that so try starting the engine, set to comfort then to dynamic, listen for the exhaust note change then leave the engine running & use VCDS to make the change. Without the engine running I was getting the error message too ;)

I was getting that so try starting the engine, set to comfort then to dynamic, listen for the exhaust note change then leave the engine running & use VCDS to make the change. Without the engine running I was getting the error message too ;)
Hi, I have tried doing the following:
1. Car on - engine running
2. Switch from Comfort mode to Dynamic - I can hear the exhaust flaps activating
3. VCDS disable exhaust flaps

But receive the following error. I have tried several times.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 43