S3 headlamp washers not working?

benh999

Reaction score
I've got the same rear washer problem with my s3 as lots of other folks have had, I can now see from the leak the pipe has come apart at the passenger rear of the engine bay. Whilst sourcing this problem I decided to check my headlamp washers. Ignition on and lights on, my screen washers work fine however my headlamp washer jets are not working, they do not even raise from the bumper???

Any suggestions folks??

Searchy, been covered quite a bit lately.
1. They take several seconds of holding the stalk for them to pop up - it's the water pressure.
2. Pipe can split at front of car - but that would be obvious as you'd get another puddle.
3. They can get stuck in the bumper due to road grime. You can prise them out using your fingernails and give them a good clean.

my front ones have been slightly raised since the winter and i didn't want to pull or push on them as i thought id break them..
i sprayed some oil around them and now they are not popping up at all. i may have over done it with the oil. i had someone repeatedly pressing the stalk as i greased them. iv checked the fuse, seems ok