Facelift S3 hankook tyres? Other options

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Just wanted to know what people think of the hankook tyres that come on the S3 ?
Not my personal choice and after 1000miles I think they are awful not grippy poor in the wet and quick wearing by the looks.

What tyres are people tuning instead I ran Goodyear Eagle f1 on my previous S3 and couldn't fault them

Mine came with the Hankooks I actually don't mind them after 1500 miles, find them pretty good. I've always liked Michelin tyres and had the PS4's on previous cars and thought they were great!

Reactions: ASRman and Rayner_1704
Good reviews on mich PS4, PS3 always been a good tyre for me if your happy with Goodyear sometimes it's better to stick to what you know

Reactions: Rayner_1704
Never tried the Hankooks.

I can highly recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy3 tyres. They provide a subtle ride, have great turn in and superb all weather grip that gives real confidence.They also wear pretty well. I have been very happy with them on 18's.

If you are running 19's I can also recommend the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres which are amazing. They also offer decent rim protection.

I did not mind the Continental Sport Contact 5's that came with my car, but could not get on with the Pirelli Pzero's on the larger rims. Both the Goodyear Eagle and Michelin Pilot Sports 4's run rings around them both in my opinion. Both Eagle F1 and Michelin really suit the car.

Tyres like many things can be quite personal choice, but there are a few sticky threads which are worth a read.

One thing I can say is that tyres and pressures can make a huge difference to the feel of a car, both from the driving seat and the passanger seat.

Regds
Jungle

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Rayner_1704 and Rob2k68
Mine came with Pirelli P Zero in November.
When changing, it'll be to Michelins as I always rate them.

Reactions: Rayner_1704 and Rob2k68
I can't believe my premium Audi came on hankook tbh

Reactions: ASRman and redsep
I asked my salesman what tyres would my S3 Saloon come with on and he honestly couldn't tell me! He told me what was on his A3 Saloon company car but said that it tends to be luck of the draw and quite random with what boots they have on when they're delivered.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
I asked my salesman what tyres would my S3 Saloon come with on and he honestly couldn't tell me! He told me what was on his A3 Saloon company car but said that it tends to be luck of the draw and quite random with what boots they have on when they're delivered.

On your car and wheels, likely Pirelli.