S3 goes to see the shrink.

s3chris

Diesel powered!
Reaction score
Yup my S3 has gone to get its brain moddified. :) My friend who works for a Superchips supplier has taken it with him to work today. So hopefully it should be a little quicker tonight. YEY.

I had my old TDI mapped at superchips HQ along with a few other forum members - very good results IMO

Yeah i can't wait, im like a child at christmas. They are pretty much the biggest name in the generic upgrade bussiness, plus they supply maps to various race series and the police.

Got the car back. Its way better than before, certainly recomend the superchip. Anyone any rough ideas what the peak boost pressure is before and after chipping. I imagine it will be pretty much the same for all chips. There is a fair bit more noise from the recirc.

another silly question with any generic remap lets say a superchips one set at 265 bhp,what is the 0-60 times roughly on a standard car with just remap and dv fitted.

i seem to remember ChriS3 saying that last year at inters, the quickest mapped S3 did it in 6.13 seconds. dont quote me on that though, but its around that figure.

mine is superchipped and at santa pod apparently worked out at 5.5secs to 60ish but that cann't be sure!
my peak boost pressure hits 1.5-1.6 bar(weather dependant) sitting at 1.4 comfotably up to 5200rpm.

so not a great increase then as standard they are roughly at 6.6

Prawn said:
i seem to remember ChriS3 saying that last year at inters, the quickest mapped S3 did it in 6.13 seconds. dont quote me on that though, but its around that figure.

It was slightly cooler there this year. I think Voorhees managed 5.9 secs to 60.

mine is superchipped and at santa pod apparently worked out at 5.5secs to 60ish but that cann't be sure!

Wishful thinking in my opinion, especially on a generic map.

Anyone any rough ideas what the peak boost pressure is before and after chipping.

Before mapping should be about 0.9bar, after depends entirely on the map.

sitrials said:
my peak boost pressure hits 1.5-1.6 bar(weather dependant) sitting at 1.4 comfotably up to 5200rpm.
ChriS3 said:
Before mapping should be about 0.9bar, after depends entirely on the map.

Cheers, that answered my question.