S3 facelift comparison

When you see the 2 cars side by side you do start to appreciate the finer points of the facelift. JamS3 your car looks superb mate, the lowering and spacers have totally finished it off.
I do prefer the facelift front spoiler and the way it sticks out level with the front of the car instead of curving under like the old model. Very subtle but makes a big difference.

Cheers for this post jamiekip!

Cheers Mate

I have finally just signed up too!!

No sweat mate - was good to meet you and have a look at the cars side by side! We'll have to get you along to a meet so you can meet the rest of the usual suspects!

When you see the 2 cars side by side you do start to appreciate the finer points of the facelift. JamS3 your car looks superb mate, the lowering and spacers have totally finished it off.
I do prefer the facelift front spoiler and the way it sticks out level with the front of the car instead of curving under like the old model. Very subtle but makes a big difference.

Cheers for this post jamiekip!

No worries mate.

I like the new front end - it's quite a lot more aggressive. I would like to do a hybrid version.... I think the older fog light grills look a bit better for example.
I did feel at the time that mine suddenly looked a little 'aged'1 Though when the new one isn't parked near it I love it again! :yes:

Re: the wing mirrors. You notice how big they are when you are in the car! Flipping massive! Look ok from outside though.

Both nice cars. Be happy with either.

The facelift also looks to have a lower/wider and more aggressive stance, I get people telling me how 'angry' my front end looks all the time :p

It looks like the whole grill is wider - possibly giving the wider illussion??

That post just depresses me! :( One 1.5 month after I received my S3, they announced the facelift. I was quite annoyed with the local stealership - they could've adviced me so I got the facelift. DAAAAMN it look good! I love the headlights, the wheels, the lip (RS4-style) above the foglights, etc. etc.

I must say, side-by-side the pre-face lift looks aged.

:3sadwalk:

That post just depresses me! :( One 1.5 month after I received my S3, they announced the facelift. I was quite annoyed with the local stealership - they could've adviced me so I got the facelift. DAAAAMN it look good! I love the headlights, the wheels, the lip (RS4-style) above the foglights, etc. etc.

I must say, side-by-side the pre-face lift looks aged.

:3sadwalk:

I dont think you need to worry too much mate! It wont be often that your car will be parked up side by side with the facelift.

The average Joe isnt really gonna notice during your day to day running.

Besides I think the pre-lft model still looks ace, granted not quite as agressive styling at the front but thats not to say it isnt aggresive in its own right!

Love your car, or you might as well get rid!! :)

I dont think you need to worry too much mate! It wont be often that your car will be parked up side by side with the facelift.

The average Joe isnt really gonna notice during your day to day running.

Besides I think the pre-lft model still looks ace, granted not quite as agressive styling at the front but thats not to say it isnt aggresive in its own right!

:iagree:
Spot on.
Said before, I think the facelift looks great, and although subtly different to the pre-facelift, it doesnt shout `Im the new one`.
IMO anyway.

cheers
Paul

So what's changed then?

bumper, lights, mirrors and fogs.

is the rest the same? would the facelift parts swap straight do the pre-facelift?

(doing reasearch for when i get my A3, planning on doing an S3 conversion)

So what's changed then?

bumper, lights, mirrors and fogs.

is the rest the same? would the facelift parts swap straight do the pre-facelift?

(doing reasearch for when i get my A3, planning on doing an S3 conversion)

Bit more than that mate.

Have a hunt further down the topics and this is covered in much more detail with all the changes made.

Yeah, you are right - and I do love it every day I step in and turn on the engine. :racer: I just wish that "new car feeling" lasted for a bit longer than the 1.5 months before they presented the face lift.

But now that I know the R3 is likely to be manufactured, I can at least place my order early! :hubbahubba:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret...ts/Audi-scoop-special-Audi-R3-the-full-story/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret...-spy-photos-and-details-of-every-future-Audi/

AudiR3midenginedroadster.jpg

Those articles are not exactly a "its a definate coming out" are they though?

Car mags always seem to want the scoops of first pics and stories and quite often they are never right!!

That is fooookin' ugly!
I'd have a TT-RS over that - now official according to leaked doc's on the web (have a look on tt-talk.com)

Those articles are not exactly a "its a definate coming out" are they though?

Car mags always seem to want the scoops of first pics and stories and quite often they are never right!!

Then again, I believe Audi has a habit of being quite true to prototypes when they release to manufacturing. But rumours that it should replace the TT doesn't sound right to me ... we'll see..

Well the TT-RS is a definite release for August 09. The following is the actual Audi release schedule to 2012 which was leaked earlier this year:

1264257-audi_model_rollout_schedule.jpg

Must say that R3 (could be R4) does nothing for me and i hear it's basically a cut price boxster as a result of the Porsche buy out. I'd imagine the next Z4 will be a more tempting offering than that.

There are some pretty uninspiring releases on that sheet and far far too many cabriolets for my liking. Audi's going to get a bit of a nancy boy reputation at this rate!

Thats never actually been confirmed as being a genuine document has it? Anyone could of typed that up and 'leaked' it to one of the car mags.

No fair enough i haven't seen anyone confirm that document to be correct but the dates and models all look pretty much spot on to me. As do the sites of manufacture.
The only date on there which looks wrong to me is the new A3....NO WAY will it see light of day until 2011, espacially if it is a totally all new car.

I dunno mate, arnt we on like the 3rd facelift? SHe's got legs but a change would be welcome in another 1.5 years me thinks ;)

I agree but you know what Audi are like. They'll probably squeeze 17 special editions and an S3 cab out of this facelift! We'll wait and see though eh. All i hope is that it's a brilliant car and an RS3 with that TT-RS lump in it would be nice!

Agree mate it will be well into 2011 before it sees the light of the showrooms!!

You never can tell just how "authentic" these supposed leaked documents are either!!