S3 ESP Warning Light

jimbo_50001

Reaction score
Yo all, anyone had the ESP warning light coming on intermitantly? Ie - not when pressing the button? It occasionally comes on and then goes off, maybe once a month. Just wondering what the issue might be.

Paid £500 to get engine management and door open warning indicators fixed - hoping to avoid more maajor costs!

Cheers,

When you say its coming on, what exactly do you mean?

that light flickers when its doing it's job - just to let you know the cut in engine power is due to the esp kicking in.

If it stays on (not becasue you have disabled it by pressing the ESP button) then it means you have a problem that needs diagnosing.

YEah when I start it, very occasionally the ESP light will just stay on for that journey. But the next day, asll is well !

jimbo_50001 said:
YEah when I start it, very occasionally the ESP light will just stay on for that journey. But the next day, asll is well !

I'd defo say you've got issues

I had this on my S3. Plugged VAGCOM in and was intermittent reading from one of the wheel speed sensors. Sometimes it disabled just the ESP, sometimes the ABS as well. Took the car to the jet wash, blasted the wheel throught the alloy (not too hard) and hey presto!!

Hope it helps

Vag Com diagnosed my light coming on as a faulty lateral yaw sensor, about £95 for the part from the dealer.

It could be loads of things though. Anybody near you got Vag Com that could have a look for you?