S3 brakes

Y60 ADM

Reaction score
I have a howling noise coming from my brakes when I'm driving around 30/40 mph, I have tried brake cleaner and jet washed them. I don't think it's a stone because it doesn't always do it. Any ideas? I am New to the forum and hope you guys could shed some light. Happy new year to you all.

Thanks
Adam

U will get a Answer if u Post your Question in the A3/S3 Section for Year of your Car.....This Section is to Introduce your self when New to the Site.

Reactions: NHN
I have a howling noise coming from my brakes when I'm driving around 30/40 mph, I have tried brake cleaner and jet washed them. I don't think it's a stone because it doesn't always do it. Any ideas? I am New to the forum and hope you guys could shed some light. Happy new year to you all.

Thanks
Adam

Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you tried taking the wheel off to inspect the braking mechanism better? Does it just happen at 30/40 mph? And is it only when you brake?

Why don't you call your breakdown company - AA always come out to problems similar they usually find out what the exact problem is.

I had similar on my previous car, a build up of brake dust in the calliper was not allowing the piston to fully retract. Split down/cleaning of calliper sorted it out.

Symptoms were high pitched screech around 30mph, it would stop when the brakes were applied or under acceleration.

Howling could be due to so much road water, had this before myself & when weather dried up the noise went away, stone's make a very noticeable noise, so also doubt its this, could check disc for any scoring from a stone incase.