S3 Brake Upgrade

Reeced

Reaction score
Guys,

The discs and pads need replacing on my standard 8P S3, so I thought as I may as well upgrade them at the same time. I'm looking to push more power from the car in the future but not entirely certain when.

What would be best, getting TTRS Brakes as a straight swap or getting tarox/brembo/ebc/mintex pads and discs?

Cheers

AFAIK the RS kit is Brembo based.

If you don't choose that setup then the combination of an AP kit plus Mintex 1155 pads works well.

AFAIK the RS kit is Brembo based.

If you don't choose that setup then the combination of an AP kit plus Mintex 1155 pads works well.
Okay cheers Alex, how much would a ttrs kit normally go for?

Also I've read somewhere they won't fit over standard pre facelift wheels, than somewhere else that they do. Could you confirm?

It will fit over pre-facelift wheels with a 12mm spacer and moving the wheel weights to the inside edge of the front wheels. Calipers go between 350 - 500. discs you can find on german ebay new for 350 posted. Pads of your choice and then braided lines 70 and super dot 4 fluid

It will fit over pre-facelift wheels with a 12mm spacer and moving the wheel weights to the inside edge of the front wheels. Calipers go between 350 - 500. discs you can find on german ebay new for 350 posted. Pads of your choice and then braided lines 70 and super dot 4 fluid

I know people say that they fit behind facelift wheels but I have warned others before that it isn't great. I'm running TTRS calipers with AP racing 362mm discs so smaller diameter than standard TTRS discs and a stone got caught between the caliper and alloy. Doing 70 and having that happen is quite scary!

Brilliant cheers! I've found these on Ebay the discs are from a RS3 would your advice still be correct?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321696671125?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

RS3 discs look the same but the have a different offset so wont fit. You need TTRS discs. RS3/TTRS HEL braided lines are what you need.

Reactions: Reeced
Not sure on that I'm afraid, personally the rears on an S3 are perfectly adequate and I don't see any need to upgrade the rears.

You can get porsche 4 pots for the rears but its a hassle and honestly not necessary.. You may end up with MC issues with a larger rear and front caliper. Best bet is some uprated discs and pads on the rear. Mintex 1155's and VWR uprated rear discs.

Just a quick update and another question :)

I have bought a brake kit with all the necessities however the discs are from a TTS and not TTRS therefore smaller, I have read that I need a spate bracket which I believe I have but will check later tonight.

My question is now I have the smaller discs would I still need to move the wheel weights further inside the wheel now?

Hey guys, in need of replacing front brake discs & pads.. Not sure what would be appropriate with the wheels that are on the car. Booked in the garage, but thought I'd have a look for the parts myself, any advice on what to look for would be appreciated.

Thanks
Taz

Attached is the best photo i currently have to see the wheels.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    886.5 KB · Views: 210