S3 Amp crackling, and sub popping. Help

S3JSR

Reaction score
Hi all

My amp is crackling through the front speakers and I know I have read that it can be repaired, i believe its the solder joints. Has anyone had this done, and anyone know anywhere In Essex?

I am trying to keep the car original so want to keep the amp in it. I also need to look at the Sub as it pops out under heavy bass, is this common, or does anyone know a fix, or have a sub theyve removed that works.

Thanks all in advance

on the A4 the speakers crackle because audi cocked up and put grease in the connectors between the door and the car. There fix was to degrease. I've never checked my S3 ones as the problem was only on the a4 but could be worth a look on yours?

Thanx PJ

I am sure i have read it is the solder joints inside the amp, and that the problem is worse when its cold hence it has been particularly bad last three weeks!

Willing to check out any other ideas tho of course.

ah ok fair one, i hadn't heard of this until now. The only stereo problem i have had on my 1999 s3 is the concert volume issue. Hope you sort it. Paul

andy mac would be the man to ask. I have the same problem But im changing the HU then seeing how it goes

Sigainey

Top reply mate. This is my problem without doubt...

I am defo not handy with a soldering iron, I will pm Andymac and see if he will do it for me for ££, and also keep an eye on the bay.

Thanx again

No problem :) You dont have to be handy - most local places will do that for a few quid :)