S3 8V Service Advice

BobbyCS3

Reaction score
Hello there,

My partner has a 2015/65 S3 8V, now due to a change in job this means she does around 2500 miles a month. The car now has 12,500 miles on it and is flashing up for the oil change service which is fair enough. However it is all saying that it needs another inspection service in 6000 miles which the Audi service centre have said includes another oil change.

Does anyone know the reason for this or a solution? the women on the phone said there is a sensor monitoring the oil and with the higher milage means it requires 2x services which seems very strange to me particularly in such short time frames.

Next time round will it be the same situation or remain at 18,000 miles for one service.

Cheers

Rob

Reactions: Rob2k68
Minor service is an oil change, major service is oil change plus more, like new plugs etc. When you are on variable servicing, it can work out that your major service is just a few months after your first oil service. Crazy but that's how it is with the strange servicing setup from Audi.

One thing to mention - if you supply your own oil, you save a small fortune on your service, the markup Audi put on their oil is outrageous.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, BobbyCS3 and 1 other person
Minor service is an oil change, major service is oil change plus more, like new plugs etc. When you are on variable servicing, it can work out that your major service is just a few months after your first oil service. Crazy but that's how it is with the strange servicing setup from Audi.

One thing to mention - if you supply your own oil, you save a small fortune on your service, the markup Audi put on their oil is outrageous.

Very strange as its going to be around 8 weeks and we are booking it in again at a large cost although been looking in to the service plan.

Thats interesting using our own oil never thought of that but maybe a idea as can get it at a good price.

Thanks

Do it!
Mine was £185 or £106 if I supplied my own oil which I did....at a cost of £35...

Had my oil change after a year and 13k mikes as per the message on the DIS, rather than coming back a few months later they done the full service from what I can tell was just the pollen filter on top of the oil change and switched me to an annual service plan. Saved me a second visit a few months later. Don't think plugs are due for a change for a good while although I put some cooler running Denso Iridium in mine a few months back.

I'll also be changing my own oil in between the Audi services as I can do it myself for the cost of the oil and filter which is roughly £40.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Had my oil change after a year and 13k mikes as per the message on the DIS, rather than coming back a few months later they done the full service from what I can tell was just the pollen filter on top of the oil change and switched me to an annual service plan. Saved me a second visit a few months later. Don't think plugs are due for a change for a good while although I put some cooler running Denso Iridium in mine a few months back.

I'll also be changing my own oil in between the Audi services as I can do it myself for the cost of the oil and filter which is roughly £40.

I feel this is a more reasonable solution, and will be calling in tomorrow to discuss, as for me it seems strange that the oil has been fine for the first 12-13k which is probably the most crucial time as it has had the cars bedding in period yet after the first oil change would need another in such a short time.

So is it a full service and then annual service plan I need?

We are hoping for a company car in the next few month as the company are paying the milage but its the hassle of all the stone chips etc when it comes time to sell.

I feel this is a more reasonable solution, and will be calling in tomorrow to discuss, as for me it seems strange that the oil has been fine for the first 12-13k which is probably the most crucial time as it has had the cars bedding in period yet after the first oil change would need another in such a short time.

So is it a full service and then annual service plan I need?

We are hoping for a company car in the next few month as the company are paying the milage but its the hassle of all the stone chips etc when it comes time to sell.

Trying to think what you should ask for ..... I think it's basically the full 18k full service but done annually - my Audi dealership were on board with this and very helpful so I'm thinking it's quite a common request. I'm on about 14k miles a year so it's only 3-4 months difference at the end of the day and saves me the extra hassle so I'm happy doing that.

Reactions: BobbyCS3
Trying to think what you should ask for ..... I think it's basically the full 18k full service but done annually - my Audi dealership were on board with this and very helpful so I'm thinking it's quite a common request. I'm on about 14k miles a year so it's only 3-4 months difference at the end of the day and saves me the extra hassle so I'm happy doing that.
many thanks for the help. Ill go in and speak to them tomorrow and hopefully they will understand the situation.