S3 8V Brake Pads

Azz

Reaction score
Hi,

MY 66 S3 310ps - front brake pads approx 80% worn, looking for replacements , heard Brembo are good.
ive seen these on euro car parts along with other brands, but few options come up, dont know which one

what is the PR code that is required for my car to be able to find the correct one.
front pads
rear pads

thanks

Ferodo ds2500 get a great name for themselves. My next upgrade for definite

Hi,

MY 66 S3 310ps - front brake pads approx 80% worn, looking for replacements , heard Brembo are good.
ive seen these on euro car parts along with other brands, but few options come up, dont know which one

what is the PR code that is required for my car to be able to find the correct one.
front pads
rear pads

thanks
Look in your manual or in your boot around the spare wheel well for a sticker with your pr codes.
Should be full of 3 digit codes like 1LJ.

These are my my codes I don't know what they are related too exactly... Which codes are my front and rear pads?

Attachments

• 20190829_191626.jpg
    20190829_191626.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 247
PRCode: 1KY = Disc brakes rear
PRCode: 1LC = Disc brakes front

Are these the same. For pads?

completed 1st MOT today all good. just got Brake fluid done £65 but was FOC :) This shows online FSH.

audi recommnded brake pads front to be chnaged at £250 inc Vat and also Haldex oil change £114. Brake pads i can get done at indepent Garage.
But what about this Haldex, does this go on FSH(ONLINE)

not all items go on online FSH, told me AC service doesnt. so will look to get this done elsewhere.

Get the haldex done if it’s due and if it’s a dsg gearbox get that done too.
Discs and pads at dealers are extortion. Have a look at AUTODOC and get the stuff there then do it at independent.
If air con works you can leave it out. I personally get it done maybe not at the dealers if it’s extortion.

Haldex is recommended every 3years so at the stage now. What is the haldex for

S tronic oil change recommend by every 36k miles currently on 17k

Haldex is recommended every 3years so at the stage now. What is the haldex for

S tronic oil change recommend by every 36k miles currently on 17k

Haldex is the 4wd. It activates the rear wheels when needed. Lots of folk on here with blocked filters and can cause pump issues.
If it’s 3 years I would do the s Tronic as well. I like my car well serviced though.

Don't get the Haldex done at Audi, they wont clean the filter. An independent should as long as you ask them to beforehand.
Or do it yourself - easy peasy

M
Don't get the Haldex done at Audi, they wont clean the filter. An independent should as long as you ask them to beforehand.
Or do it yourself - easy peasy
Mines the 5th gen haldex which doesn't have a filter. Think the pump will need a good clean as ive heard it full of gunk

However, now quite often when I accelerate hard, the traction light comes on. How do you know if I have haldex issues?

All the S3 8V's have 5th gen, I have the same, there is a filter on the nose of the pump - pump removal - clean refit.
My car is never driven hard, original tires after 25K...…….. but guess what - my filter was gunked up but luckily not enough to starve the pump.

Reactions: Azz
M

Mines the 5th gen haldex which doesn't have a filter. Think the pump will need a good clean as ive heard it full of gunk

However, now quite often when I accelerate hard, the traction light comes on. How do you know if I have haldex issues?

There’s still a filter/ gauze that’s not replaceable in the 5th gen whereas the older gens had a replaceable filter like an oil filter. think that’s the confusion a lot makes.

I had the brembo brake pads, but had to have them removed and replaced with genuine audi ones. They were bouncing around in the callipers which sounded like the suspension was about to fall apart. Whether it was the pads or fitment I dont know but replacing them cured the bad knocking noise which I was getting when going over sharp bumps.

Btw, the pad bounce noise seemed to be picked up by the knock sensor causing an intermittant running issue (down on midrange torque and power). Since the noise has gone so has the running problem.

I had the brembo brake pads, but had to have them removed and replaced with genuine audi ones. They were bouncing around in the callipers which sounded like the suspension was about to fall apart. Whether it was the pads or fitment I dont know but replacing them cured the bad knocking noise which I was getting when going over sharp bumps.

Btw, the pad bounce noise seemed to be picked up by the knock sensor causing an intermittant running issue (down on midrange torque and power). Since the noise has gone so has the running problem.

I get a little of this knocking with the factory pads nowhere near as bad as you describe it though.
Normally when I reverse in my drive and lightly apply the brakes I hear a tapping/knocking sound like the pad isn’t seated right. After a couple of presses of the brakes it goes away till the next time I reverse into drive or if I stomp on the brakes it doesn’t happen as bad.
Had this on my a6’s as well till I replaced them with trw discs and pads.
How did you check it was setting off the knock sensor?

Yep the forward backwards clicking is not unusual since there is a tiny amount of up and down play in the calliper.

wrt knock sensor: I didnt check it, this was a guess based on what was happening with the car. That's the only thing it could have been especially since its gone away now.

Reactions: AlS3BE
I was lookign at brembo on euro car parts might give a miss

What about Pagid?

Oe spec I would always go with TRW. been using them on all my cars for 10+ years and not had a problem.

Just realised in my mot they've put the wrong mileage 19k

Where as on the same date of mot, did my brake fluids. On fsh printout has milage at 17k.

So stupid