S3 8P Cylinder 2 misfire!

hamzahanif

Reaction score
Hello,

To cut straight to the chase bought a audi s3 8p (2010 sportback manual) a few months ago and its ran perfect since then however around 3 weeks ago i had a misfire on one of the cylinders and then replaced the coilpack which fixed the problem, around a week ago i got the orange check engine light come up and therefore assumed that the other coils needed changing and then changed them along with all 4 spark plugs (bosch coil packs and spark plugs) car ran like a dream for the half hour after that literally wasnt missing a beat! suddenly loss of power check engine light and epc light flashing, pulled straight into the garage which changed all the sparks and coils, scanned it and got the cylinder 2 misfire code, checked over coils swapped them still the same misfire, checked compression on the engine etc since then and checked the wiring loom to the coils even though its slightly cracking the wires seem to be in fine working order! if its any help im running a ram air filter which i put on around 4 months ago and theres a slight leak from the resonator which was there way before this happened.

can anyone point me in the right direction the cars currently at 77,000 miles was last serviced at 74,000 its had no remap or anything

Last edited:
Depending on where you are in the country, RTech offer a diagnostics service and would be able to fix it for you at the same time if it is a component that has failed. They don’t just do remap!

Reactions: ch1z64