S3 (8P) cat-back exhaust

Ginger Prince

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im changing my car (57 plate S3) to a 2011 S3 Sportback.

2 years ago I put a Milltek (cat-back) exhaust on the current car and would like to swap it onto the new one.

Does anyone know any scrap yards and/or contacts in the Manchester area re me getting a used cat-back to put back on the S3 Im selling.

I don't want to pay much as the car is going & I'm already going to have to pay for the removal & fitting of both systems.

Thanks in advance

Mike

No, my current S3 (8P) is the 3 door but i wanted to change the Milltek cat-back onto the 2011 Sportback.

Is it different and as such not possible...?

The Sportback exhaust is longer, you will need the MSAU428 rear box to replace your MSAU347 rear box on the 3 door. Unfortunately it is the most expensive part @ £304+VAT.

Noooooooooooooo :(
Looks like it wont be getting swapped after all then....

Cheers for giving me the heads up pal

Still worth taking it off and selling it?
Must be worth £250.

You should be able to pick up a used OEM cat back for £50 I'd have thought. (maybe PX with whomever buys yours?)

That's a balance of £200 towards the next Milltek for the sportback.

I have a standard three door back box for sale :) and im only about 30 miles south of manchester!!!!!

Mine is off a 2010 model though not sure its the same

Cheers boys!

Don't wanna be paying £50 for a used exhaust which I'm only putting on to sell and as I've been told the Milltek on my current 3 door S3 wont fit the Sportback o may just bite the bullet & leave it....

You could get a good fabricator to cut the tips of your current one and extend the tailpipes a couple of inches as i believe that is the only difference but just check first. You dont want to be shelling out another £400 for a new miltek do you?

No i don't mate, I'm gonna be on my **** with the new one but pretty clueless re chopping exhausts....

I would be tempted to ring Miltek and ask them exactly what the difference is between the 3 door and the sport back models then you will know for sure if it is a possible cut and shut im sure you could find somewhere to get that sorted for you

Easy fix the tailpipes just need to be extended about 70mm, any exhaust place should be able to sort it for you cheap.

This is the response I got back from Milltek :(

"The 3 and 5 door sport back share the same parts expect for the rear silencer so it will not be a direct swap.
The 3 door rear silencer is much shorter on both the inlet pipe and the tailpipes so will not work on the 5 door sportback models."

I think Milltek have given you duff info.

3dr_zpsc202af94.jpg~original

SB_zps7b11d3c0.jpg~original

The only difference is the tailpipes are about 70mm longer on the SB, I've looked into it myself.

Any decent custom exhaust place should be able to extend them for you for a small fee.