S3 8l windscreen scuttle trim.

Tomsy

KERNOW
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help me with the part number for the trim that the windscreen scuttle presses into at the bottom of the windscreen?

Thanks for any replies.

Haven’t got a part number butI got 1 from Audi last year (still not fitted so can get you the number off it tomorrow ) was around £90 but seen mentioned on here few weeks back that they were no longer available as someone tried to get one

Not sure if you are referring to the scuttle trim or not but I am needing the channel that the trim presses into... at the very bottom of the windscreen.

Thanks

Yeah sorry I was on about the trim itself have you tried the parts request(@creweaudiparts ) usually gets back to you fairly quick if in working hours

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomsy
I phoned Audi in Tresillian Cornwall and they said it is discontinued in 2017... really could do with a new one, any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks all.

Most parts are getting discontinued now, only options really is 2nd hand or (highly doubtful) get one custom made maybe 3D printer

Hi,

Who is Auto doc? I haven’t come across them before...

Thanks

They’re owned by eurocarparts by don’t have all the fake deals on the website and are usually cheaper than eurocarparts deal price anyway

Hi,

Just had a look and no joy but not a bad site.

Thank you.

Don’t think you will have much luck finding new it’s one of those parts that’s dealer only

They come fitted to replacement windscreens as far as I know... When I had mine swapped out a few years back the new one had the strip already on the bottom

<tuffty/>

They come fitted to replacement windscreens as far as I know... When I had mine swapped out a few years back the new one had the strip already on the bottom

So in effect you can get a new scuttle trim for about £75 through your insurance company and some shiny new glass as a freebie in the process. Not too shabby that.

Thanks all,
Crewe Audi have one £30 so hopefully they may have more lying around.
Also if they do come fitted to the new screens it’s worth it if you only pay £75 excess on your insurance and get the scuttle clip/trim also.

You won’t get the new scuttle panel with a new windscreen the clip might if it’s glued to the screen

Hi

It’s not the scuttle I need, its whats at the bottom of the windscreen, the channel it clips into.

Cheers

Got a new one at Stockport Audi, the last new one showing on Audi dealers in the uk!
Cool beans.

I had my windscreen replaced and stipulated that a new scuttle panel was fitted as well as the blade on a previously fitted one generally perishes and breaks so you never get a perfect water tight seal again. I'm speaking from previous experience.

Autoglass was happy to oblige rather than have fitment issues

Fitted my trim at the bottom of the screen, what a pita that was! I think I got one of the last new ones from Stockport Audi, a big shout out to Crew Audi who pointed me in the right direction.

Fitted my trim at the bottom of the screen, what a pita that was! I think I got one of the last new ones from Stockport Audi, a big shout out to Crew Audi who pointed me in the right direction.
Do you have a part number