1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

S3 8l 01' Facelift Haldex doesn't work

killfame Jan 20, 2017

1. killfame

killfame Registered User

Hello, everyone.
    As title says... My "quattro system" don't work for the past few days.
    I notice that something unusual and wrong continue to happend, while driving on straight lines especially last night.
    The car was spinning front tires too much, here where i'm living is now snowy.
    So, i decide and take the car on parking lot and voila, what to expect... rear tires are on winter vacation, no one there.
    Last week i was having some fun and everything seemed to be really good, donuts were the best fun though.
    Anyways, i just was to my second and reserved mechanic and thats what VCDS read and found

He suspect the pre charge pump, but the car is not lifted yet, the earlier can be looked out would be in monday.
    Last night i spend around 4 hours of reading possibilities for the exact reasons that can caught haldex to not work.... I hope it's not something very big..
    Every single, guess, opinion, knowledge is very welcome !

Thank you, Dimitar!
    Ps: I'm sorry if there's something wrong with my english and it's
    incomprehensible!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. tcg

tcg Registered User

4. killfame

killfame Registered User

5. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User

You can check with VCDS and cycle the pump. If you cant hear it then its a gonner. Easy to check the connections though.

6. samurai

samurai Registered User

... my problem was ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

... i found something similar, little improvised and it still work after 2 years ...
    [​IMG]

7. killfame

killfame Registered User

Well, when we check it in monday, will leave the answer.

8. killfame

killfame Registered User

First fault usual earth strap

Attached Files:

9. killfame

killfame Registered User

Cable fixed, butnow is not reading anyfault codes, we did couple of tests, nothing showed up and still nothing on the back, any suggest?

10. killfame

killfame Registered User

So, we give connection on the pump with battery, kick it gently just a little with hammer and she was trying, trying struggling and nothing. Seems like she's just too old for that.

11. killfame

killfame Registered User

I still have no idea what's wrong inside, today when we give it power from battery and kick it gently with hammer, sounded like is trying, but no..stops. We will give it a chance and open it to check.
    Do you suggest oil and filter change after whole process?
    i don't even know the car history and have no idea if it's been changed ever since factory, sad fact...

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. samurai

samurai Registered User

i had same problems, well mine was work but to slow its easy to take a part whole pump (well more or less) ... dont forget to change all O rings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. killfame

killfame Registered User

Thank you SOOO MUCH!!! for sharing this knowledge, info..process.. with me.
    Unfortunately no chance to use my own garage canal and did all this by my self.
    I'll show these pictures to my reserve mechanic, hopefully he's giving best try.
    Thank you once again!

15. killfame

killfame Registered User

Everything went how it should be, quattro working now ^^
    Unfortunately i couldn't take any pics of the process, because was sitting there for past few days.
    My mechanic said that, there was no dirt inside of it but :DD there was only one little peace left from both brushes, i was surprised what i see and what it's supposed to look like ... :D
    The good news from whole operation were that, when we change haldex oil&filter, the oil was obviously dark but, filter was plastic sooo, which means only one good thing.
    that's been changed somewhere in the past of it's life.. Now i'm better feeling, since i own it year now.

BIG CHEERS ONCE AGAIN!!!
    I'm going back to London soon, if you're nearby, let me buy you a bear!

16. samurai

samurai Registered User

he he, that would be a problem. Last time i was in London was in march 2017 but dont worry i will drink for you in my country, cheers mate :rock: and i am glad your haldex work again

17. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Registered User Bronze Supporter Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Time travel?
    Seriously tho that is some good work,I wouldn't know where to start with something like that I would end up buying 1

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  18. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

If you are buying the bears I'll have a Panda

<tuffty/>

killfame and Tj 0785 like this.
  19. killfame

killfame Registered User

I see that, you're from Slovenia, i am from Bulgaria, is not that far away :racer::blackrs4::oncomingpolice::oncomingpolice::walking::salute::busted cop::blahblah1::rulez::sos::superman:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  20. killfame

killfame Registered User

My bad, otherwise no worries :pandaface: :glee:

<tuffty/> likes this.
  21. tcg

tcg Registered User

A real 4x4?

22. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

With a bike engine ;)

<tuffty/>

tcg likes this.