S1 Oil pressure / Temperature sensors, PID's for OBD2

CB120

Reaction score
Hey all,

Currently developing some software for my raspberry pi to read oil temps, oil pressure, boost etc through the OBD2 port but im struggling to find any info relating the oil.

It has to be on there as Revo is using the oil temp to control boost pressure levels.

Ive had a look at existing apps, but there isnt any info relating to the PID's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

S1 doesn't monitor oil temperature. The ECU value is calculated rather than real and used internally. I'm not 100% but I don't think this value is exposed, certainly the dash has no capability to display it like say the 8V A3.

The value for oil temperature is there as it's used in the FIS display: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/custom-gauges-on-rmc-mmi-screen.427878/

It's also readable in VCDS
The dash in the S1 has no capability to show oil temp like say the A3 and everywhere this has been discussed before suggests the value is calculated by the ECU, this may be incorrect - do you know for certain there's an oil temp sensor fitted (I can't find one on ETKA)? Be useful to know if that's the case.

Last edited:
The dash in the S1 has no capability to show oil temp like say the A3 and everywhere this has been discussed before suggests the value is calculated by the ECU, this may be incorrect - do you know for certain there's an oil temp sensor fitted (I can't find one on ETKA)? Be useful to know if that's the case.
You're right in that the dash can't display it and it probably is calculated but there's no reason to believe the value would be that inaccurate.
I was just meaning there's definitely an output for it in the canbus gateway as it can be displayed (albeit probably calculated) by third party means.

You're right in that the dash can't display it and it probably is calculated but there's no reason to believe the value would be that inaccurate.
I was just meaning there's definitely an output for it in the canbus gateway as it can be displayed (albeit probably calculated) by third party means.
Ok cool, I knew it was available on the network but calculated value != oil temperature, it's an approximation at best so whilst it may be available I wouldn't rely on it if it were important for whatever reason