S1 DEAD

Banana split

Reaction score
I belive i mite of just killed my S1 engine bad times.
Has anyone managed to kill a S1 engine yet or do i win that prize ?

Last edited:
Reactions: daydotz
Most owners have spent more time in courtesy cars than their own. I know some who have gone through multiple engines. So no, sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think its just the dualmass that has died dose anyone know if there is a solid flywheel or uprated 1 on market ?

Most owners have spent more time in courtesy cars than their own. I know some who have gone through multiple engines. So no, sorry!

I haven’t heard of anyone mentioning such issues before....have you heard of many? Mine has been great for the two and half years so far. Long may it continue!

It’s a daily joke on the FB S1 Group about how many things go wrong with them! Snapped half shafts, clutches, brakes, blow engines, all sorts!
Obviously plenty will never see an issue, but from what I’ve seen a surprising number do have problems.

I haven’t heard of anyone mentioning such issues before....have you heard of many? Mine has been great for the two and half years so far. Long may it continue!
mine is just over 2 years now and i do drive it stupidly hard, but thays why i brough a S and not a basic a1

i think its just the dualmass that has died dose anyone know if there is a solid flywheel or uprated 1 on market ?

Harding performance in Australia did advertise a performance heavy duty clutch and lightweight single mass flywheel kit for the S1, I think it was rated to 500hp/600nm, but I don’t see it on their new website now, I would email them if you’re interested.

Reactions: Banana split
It's frustrating cos you'd think these cars would be built to take a hammering, but if you do look on the Facebook S1 owners page as JDB refers to, loads of people have had things break even on standard power!
I think they cut corners and saved money where possible to the detriment of the experience of owning the car in some cases. Probably due to the high development costs for the S1, clutch being one place they went cheap!!

I've seen the posts on the FB page but luckily, touches wood, mine has been good so far....

not if a car is built properly it with stand bing driven hard all the time if wanted to thrash a car now and then i would of brought a 1.2. I had a R26R running 476bhp in end and was fine

Reactions: lfcrule1972