S LINE FRONT CONVERSION DONE!

had the same problem! but mine happend with the snow! when i used my wipers and a lump of snow was sitting where the wiper usually rests it set it out of place, as already said quick unbolt etc etc does the job.

Yes I believe you do need a new/modify your existing crash bar For the conversion.

I'm sure It is mentioned in mattandrews conversion thread.

Yeah I saw it in that thread but then I also read you only need it for the S3 bumper conversion not the S line, everyone seems to contradicting each other and I dont know who is right haha!

It needs doing for S3 & possibly sline, but regardless anyway, its only a hacksaw, jigsaw or grinder job to do, take of a inch high & 15 inches along the bottom of each corner of the bar to fit round the bumpers, piece of cake to do so doesnt matter who says what, just offer it up, if it catches, trim it.

Well, Matt is the man in the know so I guess it does need to be done. Not sure where I read it was only for the S3 bumper it needed replacing/modifying but I've read it somewhere!

Anyhow, I'll be doing mine in the next 2 weeks or so (S-Line conversion), so I guess I'll find out for sure then... I'll be modifying my re-inforcement bar rather than replacing (if required!).

Well, Matt is the man in the know so I guess it does need to be done. Not sure where I read it was only for the S3 bumper it needed replacing/modifying but I've read it somewhere!

Anyhow, I'll be doing mine in the next 2 weeks or so (S-Line conversion), so I guess I'll find out for sure then... I'll be modifying my re-inforcement bar rather than replacing (if required!).

Take some detailed pics bro if you can and get em posted, Im all over this conversion once the garages warranty runs out. You got plans for the rear bumper too?

Yes, I'll be fitting the S-Line lower valance / diffuser.

just to quick update. ive done some cleaning and polishing myself (its not professional:() but just to show the result...

a3no1.jpg

a3no3.jpg

a3no4.jpg

a3no6.jpg

a3no7.jpg

a3no9.jpg

i was thinking to sell it. but dont know yet. problem is i will need 4 doors at some point:)

yes im thinking about octavia vrs, mercedes c class, audi a4 or bmw series 3 or 5

Looking good Luke!

Shame you have got to get rid of the car , especially after doing a very nice front conversion.

madluke

How Much did you pay for your alloy wheels ?