Rusting and Grinding Discs

bendean

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem. My discs seem to rust very quickly even overnight. After a two week holiday they were awful. Only done 4k miles. They never seem to clean up properly. Every gentle stop you can hear them grinding away. Anyone else notice this? S4 Avant. For the size of the things they don't seem to be that great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
There Big performance brakes you really need to give them some work to do to clean them up properly mine regularly sits for 3 weeks at a time and they do get a bit surface rust but a decent braking session cleans them right up with no issues. There actually great brakes better than that fitted to the older Rs4 and the current Rs3

Normal unfortunately, all my cars have done this and at this time of year with salt and suface water it'll always happen more rapidly with cast iron disc's. Even after cleaning my wheels a light layer of oxidation appears...

I notice mine are like this overnight too, especially if it's been wet, but after the first few times I've braked they sound/feel OK again.

Reactions: cuke2u
Anyone else have this problem. My discs seem to rust very quickly even overnight. After a two week holiday they were awful. Only done 4k miles. They never seem to clean up properly. Every gentle stop you can hear them grinding away. Anyone else notice this? S4 Avant. For the size of the things they don't seem to be that great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes. Corroded breaks according to my first inspection. Great. I'm gonna try a few emergency stops to try get rid of it but doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Corroded breaks according to my first inspection. Great.

Inspection by you or stealers ?

Just brake like you mean it almost up to ABS triggering a few times from 60 to 20 will clean them and recondition the disc/pads. Just don't do it in rush hour lol!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81
Inspection by you or stealers ?

Just brake like you mean it almost up to ABS triggering a few times from 60 to 20 will clean them and recondition the disc/pads. Just don't do it in rush hour lol!

Haha. Yeah I'll brake test some mofos. The stealers mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nickfrog
Ignore the stealers they basically want to rape you on brakes.

Reactions: Paul Golding and Spaceman_RS3