1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 B7 Clutch issue

Jacob Wigley Apr 5, 2017

1. Jacob Wigley

Jacob Wigley New Member

So after a drive in my RS4 I noticed that the clutch pedal was sticking, and as I changed to 3rd it stuck altogether, made some upsetting noises during changing and since then hasn't been right. It's been making a grinding noise as I've been shifting into gears but hasn't failed to get into gear, and after a while it actually got better and better but I still do feel and slightly hear a grinding noise when setting off and changing gear.

Could this be the slave cylinder or the clutch? I thought it may just be the clutch pedal re-adjusting (which I've had other problems with) but the grind is still slightly there. Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Jacob Wigley

Jacob Wigley New Member

Update: been out in it just driving around my estate and feels fine except when I set off there is still a faint grind

4. zeeshan266

zeeshan266 New Member

might be your clutch bearing or might need to replace the master cylinder on the clutch - also check your oil levels, gear oil - might even need a new clutch

Tags: