1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saloon RS3 sunroof query

Tristan2 Jun 3, 2018

1. Tristan2

Tristan2 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Bronze Supporter Audi RS3 saloon quattro DSG

went out yesterday parked the car at home on the drive with the sunroof open locked the car hour later got back into the car sunroof still open
    Drove to the pub sunroof still open parked up locked the car,came back to the car hour later and the sunroof was closed
    WHY??????

Rob2k68 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Rob2k68

Rob2k68 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User MQB Platform

Did it rain ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Tristan2

Tristan2 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Bronze Supporter Audi RS3 saloon quattro DSG

No Rob
    How’s you mate?

Rob2k68 likes this.
  5. Rob2k68

I’m good mate thanks, hope you are too

Just wondered if rain closure of sunroof is now on by default as it used to be a VCDS tweak.

6. Rob2k68

Long press of key (global closure) whilst keyfob in pocket ?

7. Tristan2

It definitely didn’t rain,so I’m a bit confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob2k68 likes this.
  8. monopole

monopole reformation proclamation Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

I know comfort closing of the sunroof, when rain was detected, was never a functionality of the PFL cars (and never actually worked when trying to code it in as far as I am aware) but would be interesting to know if it now a functionality of the FL cars, i'm pretty sure @DJAlix would be able to confirm this?

Could be your were inadvertently pressing on the lock button on your key fob which closes all the windows, so can you say if;
    - sunroof and side windows were open when you left the car, all windows closed on returning, or
    - only sunroof open when you left the car and closed on return
    - sunroof and side windows open when leaving the car and only the sunroof closed on return?

9. Rob2k68

Don’t think it would take much rain - try drumming on the rain sensor with your fingers with the car locked and roof open.

10. Tristan2

Only the sunroof was open when I left the car,sunroof closed on my return

11. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro S tronic Sportback MQB Platform

Just tried this on mine

No amount of water or tapping the sensor made it close

I’ve left the pano roof open on warm days and it’s always been open when returning to the car.

The rain closing never worked on my my PFL car so never bothered trying it on the FL.

Saying that if rain was imminent I’d never leave the windows/roof open anyway.

AudiNutta, monopole and Rob2k68 like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. monopole

monopole reformation proclamation Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

then I think it is likely to be from an inadvertent press/hold of the lock button on your key fob

AB RS3 and RGBARGEE like this.
  14. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Well-Known Member Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Sportback

Haven’t got pano roof but if I leave my windows down, lock the car and walk away.. within about a minute they all go up on their own... every time.

15. Spinstorm

Spinstorm Well-Known Member

Talking about the sunroof mine is now rattling - time to go to the dealer again...

16. billymc92

billymc92 2018 Ara Blue Facelift RS3

I thought I’ve had this the last couple of days, was a knocking very loudly above my head and thought it was my sunroof after reading everything on line. Turns out my sunvisor had not been clipped back in to its slot properly and it was that knocking away. What a relief it was just that!

17. Spinstorm

Its definitely my sun roof - as it stops when it is fully back. It initially was only when the roof was tilted open and now its doing it all the time.

My S3 had the same problem - they replaced the sunroof frame under warranty which took about 5 days to do and that fixed it.

18. TurboBen

TurboBen Active Member

I've had pano roof on my S3 and now my RS3 and hsd rattles with both. S3 was when fully open, RS3 is when fully closed.

19. royalsteve68

royalsteve68 Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ara Blue Audi RS3 Audi S3

Never leave your car parked with roof or windows open as you are not insured, privilege insurance stipulate this abs I'm pretty sure all other insurers are the same.

20. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

My late wife had issues with her 8P Pano roof. She had the car for 3 years and for 2 of them it rattled. I suspect the problem was a minor car park ding and the car being repaired and then baked in oven. The rattle only started after the body repair. Eventually we had whole roof replaced, they are glued in apparently. Very annoying!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 4:16 PM
  21. Spinstorm

My car is booked in for the 28th but we are looking at 2 weeks probably for them to take apart the roof find the problem and order replacement parts from Germany. Audi CS is going to see if they can get my an RS car to use as a courtesy car so I am hopeful for that. Also going to check out my squeaking brakes.

22. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

I really would like a pano roof but the dreaded rattles are what have put me off each time.

These cars rattle enough without adding the potential for more rattling :blink:

23. AudiNutta

You really know how to pull the strings, fair play. Have they heard the rattle before agreeing to this? Do you go through the annoying 3-day case opening stage with Audi UK?

24. Spinstorm

First of all they havent confirmed to me that I will get an RS car yet however if it wasn’t possible I assume they would just say that to me. The exact words were they can’t confirm availabilty of an RS car for me as they don’t know the date - so I told them and we will see. I havent heard back yet.

This is all related to the original steering wheel issue, followed by the engine managment issue so it is the same case. And it’s with the executive care team not just my local dealer. The dealer said they would give me a standard car which didn’t impress me.

25. AudiNutta

Yeah I appreciate that, getting them to say they would try is something.

Ah I see then, so you’re just going back to a case manager. I’ve opened 2/3 complaints with Audi UK and every time they’ve given me the same case manager, he is great and spends ages on the phone just chatting (but constructively, before Audi sack him) I love it.

If you actually get a standard car you will be even less impressed than the concept of it ;) Q2 is common these days. Service simply don’t have nice cars on fleet out of the Audi Sport range, they should because I always see Audi Sport products in for service when I go in but it’s all cost isn’t it.