RS3 + Snow?!

Jord0301

Reaction score
Evening all

I’ve a nardo saloon on order to be built in the next few weeks. I’m swapping it for my 335d, which is very capable In all aspects....including snow!

Just curious as to what the rs3 was like in the snow given the conditions over the past few days?

Anybody else moved from a 335d or similar to the rs3?

Cheers
Jordan

I got rid of my 335d last week and pick my RS3 up tonight/tomorrow so i'll let you know shortly :)

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you.

I’m curious as to how it will compare in all aspects. The 335d is such a good complete car......perforamce, economy, sound system etc etc......obviously performance will be another level.....! But the other things you don’t really get a feel for until you’ve spent a bit a time in the car I don’t think.

I got rid of my 335d last week and pick my RS3 up tonight/tomorrow so i'll let you know shortly :)

Same here 335d went in November Rs3 collection Friday. 335d is a beast of a machine, great looking car with an engine and auto box which are top notch. As Ive said before F31 BMW is uncomfortable and has a cheap looking interior, so had to go shame really

Never had a 335 so can not compare.
Been using mine a lot these last couple of weeks as I’m working up at grafham and doing around 800+miles a week.
Used it for the first time in the snow and it was flawless. Nice and smoothly on the pedals kept the car going as a fast and as straight as an arrow. I’m on Pirelli Sottozero’s so these are complete game changers. Ploughs through the slushy mway lanes with no bother and you normally find it’s you and other Quattro Audi’s in the outside lane making ground during these conditions :sunglasses:

I've got 16,000km on mine with a total of about 5000km in snow/ice/crappy canadian winters. I run Nokian Hakapellita's and have not had any issues, Very happy so far with the car

Reactions: Frozenr6 and teslaboy
Same here 335d went in November Rs3 collection Friday. 335d is a beast of a machine, great looking car with an engine and auto box which are top notch. As Ive said before F31 BMW is uncomfortable and has a cheap looking interior, so had to go shame really

So what’s the rs3 like in comparison with the 335d....?

Not driven RS3 much yet but acceleration is brutal and thats taking it easy 'running in'
Prefer BMW gear selector as it was electronic
Comfort is improved and seats are better (my biggest gripe with BMW)
Thought Id like the interior more than I do, its better than BMW but it feels a bit empty. The big expanse of black plastic inbetween centre and passenger air vent doesnt look the best and the centre console needs to be piano black, carbon or aluminium, Audi cost cutting here.
Tech is good and VC makes it feel like you on the playstation, this will take getting used to

Interior isnt as nice as S3 8L or S3 8P3 (black) - previous cars

My two-penneth:

The 335d gearbox was superior as the RS3 'box sometimes gets confused/hesitates and often constantly switches between 2 gears in cruise control - really annoying, I also prefer the iDrive system in the BMW, the Audi MMi set up is really fiddly and a bit of a pain in the **** tbh.

I love VC, and everything else about the RS3 is better (in my opinion).

In terms of in the snow, they're both about the same in my limited experience.

My two-penneth:

The 335d gearbox was superior as the RS3 'box sometimes gets confused/hesitates and often constantly switches between 2 gears in cruise control - really annoying, I also prefer the iDrive system in the BMW, the Audi MMi set up is really fiddly and a bit of a pain in the **** tbh.

I love VC, and everything else about the RS3 is better (in my opinion).

In terms of in the snow, they're both about the same in my limited experience.

What you have referred to is generally what i thought i would prefer/not prefer.

The gearbox in the 335d will take some beating! Like wise the I drive. But reckon the performance, noise and VC will be more than enough to better the 335d.

Reactions: BottomFeeder