RS3 Option Choices..

An extra £175 PER TYRE if you want a custom colour on the side of your tyre?! My daughter is pretty nifty with a paintbrush. I'm sure she'd write "Pirelli" on for half the price :congratulatory:

Reactions: AudiNutta
An extra £175 PER TYRE if you want a custom colour on the side of your tyre?! My daughter is pretty nifty with a paintbrush. I'm sure she'd write "Pirelli" on for half the price :congratulatory:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

It looks cool but I can't see it suiting these cars at all... depends on what look you're going for, maybe as a track tyre it would be cool but otherwise would probably get some funny looks.

There is a custom option, ara blue anyone ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hello all

1st post......... I'm in bit of a pickle!! I negotiated a deal for a new RS3 having specced one up on the configurator only to discover on here that "Matrix" LED headlights and the Tyre Pressure Monitoring are additional options not listed on the config. I'm gong to have to explain to my dealership that I honestly thought these items were standard and see what they say now regards additional costs :disappointed:

Are there any other things to watch out for that the configurator does not list?

Hello all

1st post......... I'm in bit of a pickle!! I negotiated a deal for a new RS3 having specced one up on the configurator only to discover on here that "Matrix" LED headlights and the Tyre Pressure Monitoring are additional options not listed on the config. I'm gong to have to explain to my dealership that I honestly thought these items were standard and see what they say now regards additional costs :disappointed:

Are there any other things to watch out for that the configurator does not list?

Seems pretty simple to me, if you want them then you will just have to pay the extra £895 and £250 for the options! Keep in mind the Tyre Pressure Monitoring is an option for live pressures and heat, you get the basic Tyre Pressure Monitoring for punctures as standard.

Not that I am aware of no, these seem to be the only ones missing.

With Mag Ride, dynamic mode would be the harshest setting right? That's the only thing putting me off it, I don't have mag ride on my s3 so can leave it in dynamic mode all the time. Individual mode would be useful but as noted in other threads, dynamic engine sound in individual mode isn't as loud as the regular dynamic mode.

With Mag Ride, dynamic mode would be the harshest setting right? That's the only thing putting me off it, I don't have mag ride on my s3 so can leave it in dynamic mode all the time. Individual mode would be useful but as noted in other threads, dynamic engine sound in individual mode isn't as loud as the regular dynamic mode.

Yes it would be and is too harsh for day to day use, too crashy.
It makes no difference whether you have the sound set to dynamic in individual or whether you are in full dynamic. All that changes is when the valves open, they open at the same time in either mode. Get Mag Ride, in comfort it is softer than an S Line.. it's great.

I went over a small bump today and the car really crashed over it. I had to double check, but yes, I was in Comfort! I would never have known.

Yes it would be and is too harsh for day to day use, too crashy.
It makes no difference whether you have the sound set to dynamic in individual or whether you are in full dynamic. All that changes is when the valves open, they open at the same time in either mode. Get Mag Ride, in comfort it is softer than an S Line.. it's great.

That's what people who have tested the car have said, that sound set to dynamic in individual isn't as loud as dynamic. Not really sure how but that's what they say, I think it's the same for the S3. In terms of ride comfort, I'm happy with the S3 without Mag ride. It's better than my old 8P A3 S-line.

The Audi Configurator iOS app lets you spec Matrix and TPMS which in turn will generate an Audi reference code which you then get your dealer to order with.

There's a little glitch on the iPhone app though with the wheels, it only adds £695 to the total as opposed to £1095 due to the extra £400 VED tax that occur so bare that in mind with using the pricing in the app. On the realtime Configurator, it adjusts for the £400.

Or you can use the actual dealer car Configurator tool here... (again doesn't adjust the £+400 VED band)

http://dcc-1.audi.de/controller;jse...tomcat01?event-new-conf=1&mandant=dcc-uk-audi

Reactions: Djs3saloon, dunes7, RS-jay and 1 other person
That's what people who have tested the car have said, that sound set to dynamic in individual isn't as loud as dynamic. Not really sure how but that's what they say, I think it's the same for the S3. In terms of ride comfort, I'm happy with the S3 without Mag ride. It's better than my old 8P A3 S-line.

It 110% doesn't sound any different in Individual! I have an S3, it makes no difference.

The only person who can confirm on this is @DJAlix ... could you please confirm that it makes absolutely no difference to a specific setting like Engine Sound, whether it is set to dynamic by the full dynamic mode or Individual.

If you find your S3 fine without Mag Ride then save yourself £995 as it will be the same.

@AudiNutta imho proper dynamic rather than individual settings in dynamic is louder and firmer etc. It just seems to be "right" in dynamic although too full on for me for everyday driving which is why I have softer suspension etc with dynamic noise. Suits me.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I've noticed without doubt that the pop/cracks on the upshifts are louder if in auto dynamic/sport, than if in dynamic and manual shifting myself. No question.

I don't think Audi developed this new engine with weight saving being the ultimate priority, that's very unlikely. I think overall they wanted to bring the 5 cylinder a little more up to date, so it has better stats on paper (which we all know it had on the PFL anyway). They didn't need to build the engine from the ground up to achieve those figures however though and they know that, so who knows. I'm not sure whether the 400PS car will perform above spec like the 367PS, or maybe it will just achieve what is stated.

As a bonus the whole engine package is lighter and aids handling, supposedly. Less weight over the front wheels has to be a good thing, supposedly the new car is more taught but I can't see it being noticeable to any of us, certainly not those who haven't lived with a PFL anyway.

MRC have dyno'ed the latest TTRS at 401ps and 501nm (369lbs/ft) so no big surprises of the engines being significantly above factory numbers this time round.
However, the stage 1 tune they did on the car produced............. 486ps and 692nm (510lbs/ft). The new bigger stock turbo is capable of even more power but is limited by thermal temps and a restrictive downpipe. Add an uprated IC and expect to see well over 500ps.:blink:

Reactions: D0C and AudiNutta
Seems pretty simple to me, if you want them then you will just have to pay the extra £895 and £250 for the options!

Fortunately the dealership were sympathetic to my cries and we came to a totally acceptable deal on these two extras :yahoo:

Out of interest how do you know when the car arrives if it has the mag ride? Is there something on the settings or do you just hope that when you change the drive select it goes softer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest how do you know when the car arrives if it has the mag ride? Is there something on the settings or do you just hope that when you change the drive select it goes softer?

From other VAG vehicles, there will be additional suspension setting options on the display screen if mag ride has been fitted.

In the individual setting, it will have a separate option for suspension control.

Reactions: RVP20
In the individual setting, it will have a separate option for suspension control.

So I take it you can adjust each mode. So in comfort you can adjust the suspension to something more firmer?

In Comfort mode, everything is in Comfort.

In Dynamic mode, everything is in Dynamic.

In Auto mode, the car decides where it wants to be depending on driving style.

In Individual mode, you can set up steering/suspension (if have mag ride)/gearbox/exhaust how you want between the modes.

Reactions: Djs3saloon, RVP20 and dunes7
So I take it you can adjust each mode. So in comfort you can adjust the suspension to something more firmer?

As the previous post says, you can adjust each different when in individual.

Reactions: RVP20