RS3 latest discounts

Just wanna add .......

After a good days driving today on B roads & motorways ....

This car does EVERYTHING !!!

The mag ride is effing brilliant !
In comfort it laps up bends with ease, with virtually zero body roll.
Hugely impressed !
Yes I'm coming from an S5 on regular suspension but I was staggered how fast it can corner and with such composure.
The fat front tyres just grip & grip.
Cornering in this car is better than my Mark II TTS .... that is how much the technology has improved !
In dynamic there is zero body roll and the composure is actually pretty acceptable.
Awesome capability.
Everyone raves about the mark 3 TTS and yes it will handle fantastically but ****** hell the RS3 is tremendous for a real 5 seater hatch and all I will ever ever need to have fun in the twisties :)

Power is just phenomenal ... I can't under emphasise just how much power is on tap with this car. Proper pin you in your seat relentless power. It's just so impressive and I'm not giving it full beans yet either but the odd controlled burst just unleashes tremendous power. It's staggering how quick it reaches 70mph.

As noted the sound is the icing on the cake.
Adding the sound dimension just gives total at pleasure.

Also ...

Seating position is excellent, contrary to some opinions and say perfectly low ... steering wheel is plenty high enough how I like it ... & the steering wheel oh my that alcantara mix is lovely to feel ... A small inspired touch by Audi it's ace.

I frickin love how it looks too ... inside & out !

It's just a brilliant all round car :sunglasses:

:wtf:Are you sure Glenn ? all the experts on here will strongly disagree with you:yes: ,you cant be right as you do actually own a physical car. :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Terminator x, hood, 5pot and 2 others
:wtf:Are you sure Glenn ? all the experts on here will strongly disagree with you:yes: ,you cant be right as you do actually own a physical car. :hubbahubba:

I really don't give a $hi7 what the 'experts'
say, after an hour or twos test drive lol ... This is real world feedback from a real world owner.

The RS3 by a country mile eclipses every other Audi I've had ... Owning something this gratifying & special is just ace :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, 45bvtc, Terminator x and 4 others
What's this? Positive posting about the RS3 on ASN, you're just a fanboy son, everyone here knows it's **** ;) :)
Enjoy!

Ha ha ... Sorry I appreciate it goes against some tradition lol ... Yeah maybe I've been dreaming these last 3 days :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and T-800

Are you sure you mean 'experts' and not 'crackpots'

Reactions: Jassyo06, Terminator x, 5pot and 2 others
What's this? Positive posting about the RS3 on ASN, you're just a fanboy son, everyone here knows it's **** ;) :)
Enjoy!

What on earth can he tell in a few days driving though vs others in a 10 minute test drive with the salesman present ;)

TX.

Reactions: AndyB-S3, 45bvtc, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
All this ******** about finding the right deal. If you want the car, get it bought.

Mines a £50k spec and i got zero discount. I didnt even ask for any as the figures just worked out.

And it really annoys me when people come into the RS3 specific section just to bash on it. The RS3 is top dog, and always will be. Its an epic car, and anyone who has driven one that says otherwise is flat out lying! Boils my **** all this animosity between the different model sections.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Terminator x, ice_cube99 and 5 others
To add to Snakes comments.. I chose not to have Dynamic pack - mag ride and noisy exhaust or even wider front tyres.

I am well pleased with what I have. The exhaust is loud enough and the handling is superb. A tad of understeer but nothing to get excited about. Loving it

Reactions: T-800, 5pot, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Anyone got any updates on discounts? Would 10-15 % off list price be possible?

Doubt it but you never know most still quoting at most 6%

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Not a chance.

You will be lucky to better 8%.

All this ******** about finding the right deal. If you want the car, get it bought.

Mines a £50k spec and i got zero discount. I didnt even ask for any as the figures just worked out.

And it really annoys me when people come into the RS3 specific section just to bash on it. The RS3 is top dog, and always will be. Its an epic car, and anyone who has driven one that says otherwise is flat out lying! Boils my **** all this animosity between the different model sections.

Yer full of it...and getting a car without even a ounce of discount proves...it.....A A3/RS3 is never in a million year worth paying £50K ...Fool

Reactions: Kugaman1
Perspective. You dont think so, I think it is!

And no need to name call

And what do you mean im full of it?

Perspective. You dont think so, I think it is!

And no need to name call

Not name calling ya,yeah you are foolish to spend £50k on a RS3 WITH NO DISCOUNT,l just think Audi are getting there own way just now with the RS3, its against all my principles,I will never bow down to the current market on this car....come 6 months time it will all change....As it stands due to new factory tool up, Demand out weighs production of this model.that will soon change

Reactions: Kugaman1
giphy.gif

Reactions: D19NL B and 5pot
How is it foolish? Its something i want, which i can afford. Why not buy it? Afterall the price is the price.

You might be missing just how good these cars are. £50k for a 5 seater family car that can hit 60 in 4 seconds. And sounds as good as it does? Worth every penny in my eyes! And going off the sales, im not the only person who thinks it!

Get one and youll see exactly what i mean!

Reactions: T-800, 5pot and DAYTONA 500
Whats this in aid of? Were just having a discussion. No ones arguing.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Anyway.... Where can I get the best discount of 10% or more?

Anyway.... Where can I get the best discount of 10% or more?
Buddy I think it was said that you won't get a 10% discount on the car.
As said 8% is maybe achievable at a push.
I've seen 15/65 plates with 100 miles on them with decent discounts-you would be 2nd owner but no great discounts on orders
You and R5EENS are polar opposites-he wants sod all off and you want it for nowt! :playful:

Reactions: T-800 and DAYTONA 500
Buddy I think it was said that you won't get a 10% discount on the car.
As said 8% is maybe achievable at a push.
I've seen 15/65 plates with 100 miles on them with decent discounts-you would be 2nd owner but no great discounts on orders
You and R5EENS are polar opposites-he wants sod all off and you want it for nowt! :playful:

Haha I wish it was for nowt! I'm going to try a few dealers but i may have to settle for an s3 which is still a good car but no rs3.
When do people think discounts will start coming on the RS:?

Doesn't look like they really will the production is slow so demand is high so only small discounts and no sign of the changing when I ordered mine in August I went through all the brokers and dealers up and down the country and best I got off a 45k car was 895 from Coventry Audi I think it was I ended up going to my local dealer only got 200 off car but got a good 800 more on my trade in plus I got price promise so on the rise when they added nav I got the for free so my man maths says about 1800 off in the end a 45700 car am happy enough as it's the deposit monthly and final that I was more concerned about and they worked good helps that I only do less than 5k a year for the pcp

I guess I might have to go for the S3 as I don't want to really look at anything else. I was pulled towards the focus RS but it's no Audi

Having lived with the car for nearly a week now ... I have to concur that the price really is warranted on the RS3.

Once you factor in all the standard kit, including s-tronic, led lights, 19" alloys etc, I think its only £5 or £6k more than an S3 ... and that is when it seriously becomes a bargain when you appreciate the RS is only £5 to £6k more than an S3 once spec is aligned. For that money you get all the RS tweaks including the 5 pot engine and standard sports exhaust, which really are worth the cost premium alone imo. Plus you get all the other stuff on top that differentiates it from the S3.

I'm not missing my S5 one bit, this car cost around the same but is so much better in every department and it just feels special, every single time you drive the car it truly is an occasion, I never got that with my previous Audi's to this degree. Yes my old cars were really nice, but this is on another level :sunglasses:

It may be an A3 at its core, but once Audi apply RS modifications it becomes something oh so much more.

The fact it is a hatch and you can do everyday things with it, its remarkebly comfortable, its very agile and just generally easy to live with day to day really does make it a perfect car for me with zero compromise whatsoever ... so yeah, it fully warrants its price tag ... and some :)

Reactions: Radman, R55ENS, Terminator x and 5 others
Having lived with the car for nearly a week now ... I have to concur that the price really is warranted on the RS3.

Once you factor in all the standard kit, including s-tronic, led lights, 19" alloys etc, I think its only £5 or £6k more than an S3 ... and that is when it seriously becomes a bargain when you appreciate the RS is only £5 to £6k more than an S3 once spec is aligned. For that money you get all the RS tweaks including the 5 pot engine and standard sports exhaust, which really are worth the cost premium alone imo. Plus you get all the other stuff on top that differentiates it from the S3.

I'm not missing my S5 one bit, this car cost around the same but is so much better in every department and it just feels special, every single time you drive the car it truly is an occasion, I never got that with my previous Audi's to this degree. Yes my old cars were really nice, but this is on another level :sunglasses:

It may be an A3 at its core, but once Audi apply RS modifications it becomes something oh so much more.

The fact it is a hatch and you can do everyday things with it, its remarkebly comfortable, its very agile and just generally easy to live with day to day really does make it a perfect car for me with zero compromise whatsoever ... so yeah, it fully warrants its price tag ... and some :)

Great review!! Can you post some pics? Have you gone for the dynamic pack which includes the sports exhaust right?

In 100% agreement. Sure is some motor car, Snake; I can only repeat that the first time I drove one back in 2011 I was shakin', couldn't get my head around its abilities and even now, with its de-badged anonymity, this Audi RS3 still amazes me in almost every drive we take..

Reactions: Terminator x and Sandra
Great review!! Can you post some pics? Have you gone for the dynamic pack which includes the sports exhaust right?

I have posted some phots & yes went for dynamic pack :)
In this RS3 section, see page 6 of thread: Post Pics Of Your 8V RS3's In Here

Reactions: T-800
In 100% agreement. Sure is some motor car, Snake; I can only repeat that the first time I drove one back in 2011 I was shakin', couldn't get my head around its abilities and even now, with its de-badged anonymity, this Audi RS3 still amazes me in almost every drive we take..

so what you're saying is the 'special' feeling & 'occasion' to each turn of the key and drive of the car does not go away, even after 5 years ?
hmmm ... I like the sound of that :yes:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Sandra
Snake the link won't work
Just out of interest.....on the rear diffuser some have silver around the exhaust and some are black around the exhaust?

so what you're saying is the 'special' feeling & 'occasion' to each turn of the key and drive of the car does not go away, even after 5 years ?
hmmm ... I like the sound of that :yes:

Yes, Snake; that's exactly what I'm saying - and believe me I have looked and tried other machines but this RS3 of mine, OK it's just an 8P, excites each and every time, still, even today. Ok, it's not a car that gets used every day, sometimes not even every week, but when the weather is poor and I have to get to and back from somewhere it's the vehicle of choice for us

I've been tempted with an RS7 but if I could get it into the garage I'd have to stay in it until it was time to go somewhere else....

Even considered the 8V RS3, several times, and several times again, and again... but there you are, can't fault the 8P we have already and it 'still' makes every journey it makes 'special' - just gonna keep it 'away' from Audi dealership service departments

Thinking of putting a picture window between hallway and garage just for the view....

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Snake Pliskin
How is it foolish? Its something i want, which i can afford. Why not buy it? Afterall the price is the price.

You might be missing just how good these cars are. £50k for a 5 seater family car that can hit 60 in 4 seconds. And sounds as good as it does? Worth every penny in my eyes! And going off the sales, im not the only person who thinks it!

Get one and youll see exactly what i mean!

I am going to be perfectly honest with you my spec is around £50k,l was offered a very good spec car...3 weeks ago but l just couldn't live with the black leather or the basic sound system that car is now a Glasgow Audi demonstrator,l am hoping/waiting that some cancelled or some prestige showroom car will turn up....in the next 2-3 months l was offered £2000 pounds off the car which ain't bad,but l was told l would get 9% but to no avail,Audi pulled the discounts so the wait continues,the car's got be perfect as l will be keeping this car for at least 3)4 years
I wasn't name calling,but l apologise for being somewhat abrupt though

Reactions: R55ENS and Snake Pliskin

But your figures dont account for current discounts.

The RS3 I ordered was going to cost me £17k plus my S3. - and that was with an unprecedented 8% discount.

The S3 saloon Ive ordered is costing me £6800 plus the S3.

The S3 saloon has 19" wheels, adaptive suspension, S-tronic plus a few options added, etc.

When you look at it that way, it means the RS3 is £10k more than the S3 saloon and almost £12k more than the sportback.

Thats what made me cancel my RS3 order. I just didnt see it as a good way to spend my mo ey. Without a doubt, the engine sounds epic, but in everyday use, its hardly quicker and similarly specced to the saloon. Mind you, did I say, the engine sounds epic!........did I mention the noise?

I just dont think that its anything like £10k more of a car......its ****** good, but not £10k+ good!

Reactions: mister.c. and DrEskimo

The RS3 I ordered was going to cost me £17k plus my S3. - and that was with an unprecedented 8% discount.

The S3 saloon has 19" wheels, adaptive suspension, S-tronic plus a few options added, etc.

When you look at it that way, it means the RS3 is £10k more than the S3 saloon and almost £12k more than the sportback.

Thats what made me cancel my RS3 order. I just didnt see it as a good way to spend my mo ey. Without a doubt, the engine sounds epic, but in everyday use, its hardly quicker and similarly specced to the saloon. Mind you, did I say, the engine sounds epic!........did I mention the noise?

I just dont think that its anything like £10k more of a car......its ****** good, but not £10k+ good!

Along the same lines, the comment about the S5 also doesn't take into account discounts. My £47k S5 BE cost me £38k....

Discounts on the S3 vs RS3 is a fair point granted.
That said, time will tell, if the RS3 holds it value better ?

Im terms of S vs RS vlaue for money or justifying the extra cost, the same could be applied to the entire Audi range.
The performance improvements are marginal be it S3 to RS3, S4 to RS4, S5 to RS5, S6 to RS6 etc etc.
But the RS is a special product and after owning two S cars in succession (TTS and S5) I can only give you my own personal view.
For me the extra £££'s spent on an RS are very much felt ... and heard !!! :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Some people aren't buying the car they really want they're buying the car with the biggest discount.

Reactions: Jassyo06, T-800, 5pot and 2 others

"It's hardly [any] quicker" keep telling yourself that!

TX.

Reactions: Kugaman1, 5pot and Snake Pliskin

TX.

I know some of the cars that have had their performance and bhp verified though dyno have exceeded what appear to be very conservative manufacturers quoted figures.

The 'pin you to the seat' acceleration and power I am feeling certainly feels quicker than 0.6 seconds which is what it is on paper from S5 to RS3 :yes:
and I am still being relatively gentle and running in - certainly no where near the red line put it that way, so I know there is more to come :sunglasses:

Reactions: T-800, Terminator x, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person

TX.

Yes a bit mis quoted there....I did say in everyday use, and in everyday use being 0.5 seconds quicker to 60 isnt particularly important!

The singular biggest draw towards the RS3 for me is not the performance....its the sound. It sounds absolutely epic! However, performance, looks and spec wise, it isnt a big leap forwards from the S3. Infact I think the wheels on the RS3 are a step backwards from the S3 wheels. They make a cutting edge car look a bit older than it should. If money was no object, Id have one in a heartbeat with a subtle wheel upgrade straight away. However in the current climate, getting a superb deal on an S3 saloon meant common sense had to prevail!

Some people aren't buying the car they really want they're buying the car with the biggest discount.

Some people occasionally let their heads rule their hearts!

Reactions: hood and Jassyo06