Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 999
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 786
Reactions: terapati, Tej13, Bristle Hound and 3 others
Looks good but cant you make the air dams for the brakes silver aswell to match the aluminium matt quattro on the RS3 grill?

It is an S3 though, not an RS3. Same as sticking an RS badge on the trunk

That's a novel way of avoiding being caught by speed cameras.

As for the grille... Nice, although in not sold on the QUATTRO lettering. Think I still prefer the style of the standard S3 grille though.

do you have the black pack?

and you may say that about the rs3 grill although mines the grill without quattro and ive taken the rs3 badge off... not atall trying to make it an rs3

I'm not trying to make a fake rs3, I just don't like the stock front end on our cars as its indentical to s-line.
I will likely be adding the front bumper and wings from RS3 but leaving the rear end factory and all while clearly stating S3.

Reactions: s3_trev
Looks nice, however (and this is just me) I don't get why people like doing this. To me, it sends a message saying "I really want an RS but had to make do with an S so I'll fake it". There again, I'm pretty boring like that and not a fan of customisation, particularly with new/current cars.

Reactions: S3inSE21 and Simon L
Sorry mate, I'm afraid I agree with RR and Jaypers. I don't see the point at all.

You've got a car that performs as well as an RS3 so I'd have kept the looks stock myself. Your post is a tad contradictory too. You don't want a fake RS but you're adding the bumper and wings? There's not much left to seperate the two models is there? ;)

.....and don't forget you did ask what we think :) (personally I wouldn't have as I couldn't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks!)

Reactions: S3inSE21
I really like it. If you like the grill then fit it... Doesn't matter what Model you have! I will be fitting an rs3 grill to my 1.4 tfsi because I prefer them to stock grills.... Can't wait for the comments when I do that!

I really like it. If you like the grill then fit it... Doesn't matter what Model you have! I will be fitting an rs3 grill to my 1.4 tfsi because I prefer them to stock grills.... Can't wait for the comments when I do that!

You might have to wear a hard hat! :tongueclosed:

You might have to wear a hard hat! :tongueclosed:

Haha can't we just all agree that we all have different tastes? Having said that, most opinions seem to be negative on this subject. It looks great!

Reactions: Blackwhite
Haha can't we just all agree that we all have different tastes? Having said that, most opinions seem to be negative on this subject. It looks great!

Whatever makes you tick.......:hi:

Reactions: Simon L
Like it :thumbs up:

Plenty of A4/S4's wearing RS4 front grille's too ... ;)

they day the do an rs3 in a 3 door will be the day i may consider it...but even then Id rather have a second hand gtr/911 turbo in a few years for the same money

Reactions: s3_trev
I saw (and heard) an RS3 today in grey. Must admit, it did look and sound nice... I couldn't help but stare.

Always makes me chuckle seeing these threads.

S3 owners fuming that the front end looks exactly like an S-Line. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Think it looks good

**** what anybody else thinks it's your car do what makes you happy

Very nice looks really smart I went for the same but black rings

Dont like the quattro wording but I dont see a problem with the honeycomb. Dont remember this resentment about the RS grills on the 8P model. The fact he is using the RS style grill for looks, but then actively choosing to put an S3 badge back onto it, actually makes more of a point about him NOT trying to emulate an RS3. IMO.

If honeycomb is just for an RS then should we all take our honeycomb inserts out of our front bumpers??..

Upload 2015 7 24 8 42 44

Personally I think it looks good and the front end looks all the same now!! They way it should have been from factory. Good work @Dandanfings. :)

Is the lower quattro frame built into the grille ?

I like it.

as Andy-B says it matches the bumper inserts nicely.

@Dandanfings - did you go off the blue dip?
I enjoy these discussions :)

Yes I got annoyed with people touching it, one day someone was very curious and dug their nail into it and peeled a piece off.... So I decided to rip it all off.

I do recommend it as protection for the standard paint, next time I will put on white gloss so it matches the stock car better!