RS3 Face lift coming in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlody

Reaction score
Just as I was close to placing an order on the new RS3, I received the following message from my local dealer:

"...In the meantime, I have been informed that there will be a facelift due which will be approximatively at the beginning of November. I can confirm that one of the changes will be that the car will increase from 367BHP to an incredible 400BHP. Also Heated Seats are likely to be as standard on this new model (This will be confirmed come closer the time)"

So guys that haven't placed their orders yet, re-consider :) I think I'll hold off, at least until I get more details.

Just for your information as well, I'm based in Ireland and the spec for the RS3s is so much different than in the UK from what I've read here on the forum... Heated seats aren't standard, there is no dynamic/dynamic plus package available and other small differences. Plus, the prices are a lot higher, few examples:
Base RS3 -> 65900 Euro (UK - 40900 Pounds)
Reversing camera -> 679.25 Euro (UK - 275 Pounds)
Heated Seats -> 546.22 Euro (UK - FREE!)
Technology Pack -> 2866.42 Euro (UK - 1145 Pounds!!!!!)

Insane, I dont know where they get these prices from...

Reactions: Splathead and DJAlix
Wow I didn't think the facelift with involve the BHP being increased? Maybe on a new model but not a facelift?!

Maybe they're going to name it the "RS3 plus" and have two options maybe?

Reactions: AudiNutta
it is what it is, will be interesting the facelift and 400hp standard will be mental

This is way you need to order now or you will never order anything! I could of waited but then ill be waiting for the next one with 430BHP and so on :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
*cough* ******** *cough*

TX.

Reactions: Redderz, Rick P, RGBARGEE and 2 others
What is the obsession with waiting for a facelift in 8 months time. You could be in and out of a couple of cars by then.
It is a really crap topic on a par with fuel economy.

Apologies to OP for slating the thread its just that theres so many S3 RS3 threads on it.

No obsession, no ******** (not from me anyway, it's a copy&paste what the dealer wrote to me)...

I am currently away until September anyway so if I order now I won't really be using it till September. So, sorry but I'm not going to buy a car that'll be facelifted 2 months after I drive it out of the garage...

Reactions: xpoweruk
Are they really bringing out a Facelift RS3 already??? I just sold my RS6 (back to the dealer) and have almost signed on the dotted line on a new RS3............Audi are devaluing there RS ranges faster by bring out these upgraded versions (at the same price) far to soon, I have just experienced this with my 2015 RS6, where i expected to lose 15% of the value in the 1st year (like i did with my 14' RS4) i have lost up to 35% due to these newer version RS6's. I am a die hard RS fan but when you purchase these vehicles they are in a class that should not be undervalued, its making me think twice now about purchasing the first RS model..........imagine what they will do with the new RS4.........

Reactions: hood
Are they really bringing out a Facelift RS3 already??? I just sold my RS6 (back to the dealer) and have almost signed on the dotted line on a new RS3............Audi are devaluing there RS ranges faster by bring out these upgraded versions (at the same price) far to soon, I have just experienced this with my 2015 RS6, where i expected to lose 15% of the value in the 1st year (like i did with my 14' RS4) i have lost up to 35% due to these newer version RS6's. I am a die hard RS fan but when you purchase these vehicles they are in a class that should not be undervalued, its making me think twice now about purchasing the first RS model..........imagine what they will do with the new RS4.........

How soon after releasing the rs6 did they facelift it? I'm in agreement with what was said above too.....why buy a car so close to the facelift?? Fair enough if it's years away but we're talking a month or two. Plus it may be going to 386 BHP!!!

Admittedly it was over 12 months after the 1st RS6 but a year old RS6 is less than a new A6 3.0TDi, I know what I would rather have. Audi need to be careful here how soon they release these facelift models, good thing I'm sitting down here in little old New Zealand where we are the last to get our hands on the RS models and can see the trends up In Europe.

A 400+hp RS3 would be a weapon though, don't ABT turn it into that anyway already???

It's all ******** everybody simply guessing.

TX.

Reactions: Redderz, RGBARGEE, Gorillajebus and 2 others
No obsession, no ******** (not from me anyway, it's a copy&paste what the dealer wrote to me)...

I am currently away until September anyway so if I order now I won't really be using it till September. So, sorry but I'm not going to buy a car that'll be facelifted 2 months after I drive it out of the garage...

The obsessed remark wasn't aimed at you.

Any changes
The obsessed remark wasn't aimed at you.
Maybe you thats obsessed a bit with the RS3 Craig. Criticising the RS3 owners again on the S3 page I see.
Not sure why if you think the RS3 is so poor you would want to come onto a dedicated forum on it.
Obsessed maybe!
I will post on the S3 forum but I actually had one for 2 years and loved the car. You seem a bit twisted on it.

Reactions: Dazzeroo, Snake Pliskin and CraigI
Any changes

Maybe you thats obsessed a bit with the RS3 Craig. Criticising the RS3 owners again on the S3 page I see.
Not sure why if you think the RS3 is so poor you would want to come onto a dedicated forum on it.
Obsessed maybe!
I will post on the S3 forum but I actually had one for 2 years and loved the car. You seem a bit twisted on it.

I'm interested in the facelift to see if the (IMO) required improvements have been made.
If they have (in a similar way as Mercedes tackled the A45 facelift), and it comes in as a saloon, then I may well become obsessed about it.

Reactions: hood
Absolutely loving the RS3 and best car (& Audi) I've ever owned by a long way.

It has really put the fun & excitement back into motoring :)

Every strike of the key is an event to savour, every drive an occasion to look forward to & enjoy. The sound from this car really is magnificent & smile inducing.

It really is living up to & exceeding expectations. It's a performance powerhouse when you want it to be, loud as thunder rally car or quiet & calm cruiser, superb handling on mag ride, looks awesome, I love it's proportions and styling too. It combines the best elements of all the previous Audi's I've had. Inside is a great place to be too - love the modern cabin, super sports seats and part alcantara steering wheel feels great to the touch. Everything just feels right ! The sound from the engine & exhaust is something you could never tire of and the pace of this car is just incredible with relentless acceleration. My last car (s5) was no slouch by any means, but this feels a lot quicker than its factory quoted 0 to 62 time. No wonder the 2.5 litre has such high regard and the handling is in a different league.

Just frickin love this car :sunglasses:

If Audi can improve on this car then I will be placing an order for another in 3 years time no question. I love the overall package as it is now & not sure what I would want that it hasn't got already ? Matrix lights & virtual dash would be nice but certainly not essentials for me - love the analogue dash and regular LED lights are certainly cool enough.

I'm all for perfection though so I look forward to finally seeing what cosmetic changes & spec revisions Audi will incorporate .... whenever this all does materialise ?

But yes Guys these are truly special cars and even at a 7 month wait it was worth the wait & some !!! .... I've finally got what I can genuinely say is my 'ideal car' :yes:

Reactions: UV-RS3, AndyB-S3, Dazzeroo and 6 others
Absolutely loving the RS3 and best car (& Audi) I've ever owned by a long way.

It has really put the fun & excitement back into motoring :)

Every strike of the key is an event to savour, every drive an occasion to look forward to & enjoy. The sound from this car really is magnificent & smile inducing.

It really is living up to & exceeding expectations. It's a performance powerhouse when you want it to be, loud as thunder rally car or quiet & calm cruiser, superb handling on mag ride, looks awesome, I love it's proportions and styling too. It combines the best elements of all the previous Audi's I've had. Inside is a great place to be too - love the modern cabin, super sports seats and part alcantara steering wheel feels great to the touch. Everything just feels right ! The sound from the engine & exhaust is something you could never tire of and the pace of this car is just incredible with relentless acceleration. My last car (s5) was no slouch by any means, but this feels a lot quicker than its factory quoted 0 to 62 time. No wonder the 2.5 litre has such high regard and the handling is in a different league.

Just frickin love this car :sunglasses:

If Audi can improve on this car then I will be placing an order for another in 3 years time no question. I love the overall package as it is now & not sure what I would want that it hasn't got already ? Matrix lights & virtual dash would be nice but certainly not essentials for me - love the analogue dash and regular LED lights are certainly cool enough.

I'm all for perfection though so I look forward to finally seeing what cosmetic changes & spec revisions Audi will incorporate .... whenever this all does materialise ?

But yes Guys these are truly special cars and even at a 7 month wait it was worth the wait & some !!! .... I've finally got what I can genuinely say is my 'ideal car' :yes:

I don't think I've ever seen such a glowing review of any type of car previously, you've posted the same numerous times too.
Match made in heaven.
I actually think you are in love with a bit of metal.........
I'm happy for you both.

Reactions: Dazzeroo
Craig
Its great to see a man at one with his car like snake.
On that table of times you commented on on the other forum the 2nd fastest time( and the fastest saloon time)was the M3.
Now that was from memory 3 secs quicker lap time than the RS3.
Since I've owned both I can tell you in an average Scottish day the RS3 is the more useable,chuckable and faster car for everyday use so lap times don't mean a great deal to me,everyday use is a better barometer for me.
Now I'm not saying the Golf R wouldn't feel the same, I'm sure it would.Its basically that for the guys that own one we like the overall package of the RS3. A Subaru,Ford,Mitsi or whatever may be faster and are all great cars. Its just that we like the looks,build quality,pace,sound and image of the RS3-simples-each to their own as they say.

Reactions: Dazzeroo, AudiNutta, 5pot and 3 others
I don't think I've ever seen such a glowing review of any type of car previously, you've posted the same numerous times too.
Match made in heaven.
I actually think you are in love with a bit of metal.........
I'm happy for you both.

It really is my all time fave car and yeah I'm happy to give it such a glowing report ... it warrants it without a doubt.

I've had a fair few audis now and this one is the best all rounder of the lot ... the fact it is so engaging, exciting & fun to own is the icing on the cake.

I think you'll find pretty much all I the other RS3 owners all agree too .... they are cracking cars :sunglasses:

Reactions: UV-RS3, AudiNutta, RGBARGEE and 4 others
Craig
On that table of times you commented on on the other forum the 2nd fastest time( and the fastest saloon time)was the M3.
Since I've owned both I can tell you in an average Scottish day the RS3 is the more useable,chuckable and faster car for everyday use so lap times don't mean a great deal to me,everyday use is a better barometer for me.
Now I'm not saying the Golf R wouldn't feel the same, I'm sure it would.Its basically that for the guys that own one we like the overall package of the RS3. A Subaru,Ford,Mitsi or whatever may be faster and are all great cars. Its just that we like the looks,build quality,pace,sound and image of the RS3-simples-each to their own as they say.

Great comments and sums the RS3 up well too .... for public road use, all year round use, all weather use, b-road blast use, motorway cruise use etc etc ... superb cars & overall package as you note :yes:

Reactions: UV-RS3, AudiNutta, hood and 4 others
Craig

My comment on the S3 forum was obviously tongue in cheek, but the stereotype has been realised.......
Don't be so sensitive, it's a trait that this side of the forum has and the defensive nature leads often to personal attack, or flippant disregard.
This is a forum where other opinions can and should be shared.

Your car (being a "drivers" Audi) is never going to have wholesale praise (see most S/RS reviews for evidence of that, there's always better drivers cars out there), as every driver has differing expectations and experiences and the Audi package is never normally for the purists, no matter how good an all rounder.
Care not about that, nor about the potential facelift improvements.
Just enjoy your cars (although perhaps not as much as SP, sure his missus/partner might be concerned.....). If it's right for you, that's all that matters.

Back on topic, saloon, damping tweaks and a front diff being offered would see me want to test the RS3 again.
Bring it on Audi.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyB-S3
It is great when know what cars to buy and don't blow £££££'s wasting cash on cars you don't like or trade in after a very short period of time .... some people really struggle with this like Craig who is a serial car changer.

My misses would be well pi$$ed if I blew as much money on buying cars as often as Craig does. Thankfully she likes a nice car like me and also takes time to buy the right model, then enjoy them when we get them - why shouldn't you enjoy them when we spend so much on them. I'd hate it if I didn't enjoy my car and if that was the case I'd question why I am spending so much money on it.

Craig wasnt impressed with the RS3 based on his demo experience and appears to dislike any praise for this car. ASN is not an 'owners club' either where you tend to get more positive comments & support so a select few prefer to put cars & owners down who do post high praise for thier cars. Praise is seen as 'defending' ?

I sense a degree of backtracking already from Craig with the hint he may be interested in the facelift RS3 saloon, but only if audi address the 'issues' as a way of saving face lol :tonguewink:

Sorry for enjoying my first ever 'RS' so much.
A car is a something we use every day, so it's important to me to get the right car & then enjoy it ... I make no apologies for this & more so when I keep it for 3 years. Maybe I am guilty of posting positive comments but *** is that really a bad thing. I get sick of reading negative comments and that is not why I frequent ASN. If someone can't enjoy their car after just 3 weeks of ownership or be slated for posting praise for a new car, then that is disappointing to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: UV-RS3, Dazzeroo, SHOTTA GTR and 6 others
I feel for you snake, if any boat is sinking ill get in the same rescue boat as you as it divides into two.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Go Snake......

I agree with everything you've said....

RS3 8V is the best car I've owned by a mile.

Shame this Forum is going down the pan..........

Reactions: AudiNutta, Gorillajebus, hood and 4 others
It is great when know what cars to buy and don't blow £££££'s wasting cash on cars you don't like or trade in after a very short period of time .... some people really struggle with this like Craig who is a serial car changer.

My misses would be well pi$$ed if I blew as much money on buying cars as often as Craig does. Thankfully she likes a nice car like me and also takes time to buy the right model, then enjoy them when we get them - why shouldn't you enjoy them when we spend so much on them. I'd hate it if I didn't enjoy my car and if that was the case I'd question why I am spending so much money on it.

Craig wasnt impressed with the RS3 based on his demo experience and appears to dislike any praise for this car. ASN is not an 'owners club' either where you tend to get more positive comments & support so a select few prefer to put cars & owners down who do post high praise for thier cars. Praise is seen as 'defending' ?

I sense a degree of backtracking already from Craig with the hint he may be interested in the facelift RS3 saloon, but only if audi address the 'issues' as a way of saving face lol :tonguewink:

Sorry for enjoying my first ever 'RS' so much.
A car is a something we use every day, so it's important to me to get the right car & then enjoy it ... I make no apologies for this & more so when I keep it for 3 years. Maybe I am guilty of posting positive comments but *** is that really a bad thing. I get sick of reading negative comments and that is not why I frequent ASN. If someone can't enjoy their car after just 3 weeks of ownership or be slated for posting praise for a new car, then that is disappointing to me.

Don't feel you have to apologise, you are happy, shouldn't ever apologise for that.
I am sincerely happy for you.

Not that I have to answer to you, but my wife is very understanding that I work hard, earn well and splash out some of that on cars.
As long as there is enough to top up ours and our daughters savings accounts after paying the bills and pumping cash into the mortgage / pension, then yes I waste money on cars. If that ever looks like it might get reduced I downgrade as I have done (twice) recently, since we have had our daughter and bought a new family home.
I could have far worse vices that I waste my money on.
Family first for me these days.

Yes I'll try the new RS3 if it is improved.
I seriously think a Haldex car needs a front diff to bring better turn in, reduce understeer tendancy and make it a more thrilling drive.
Subtle changes can make a big difference, which is why I'm looking forward to the facelift announcement and will keep an eye on the facelift threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyB-S3, AudiNutta and Snake Pliskin
You will have noticed a serious reduction in postings now many of us have become owners rather than stalkers. Too busy driving, cleaning loving...

So far it is THE best car I have ever had. Happy with non mag ride and quiet exhaust (really!)

Have done 1000 miles now. Economy ranges between 18-32mpg. Performance exceptional ;-)

Reactions: AudiNutta, 5pot, T-800 and 4 others
Craig
Craig doesn't want to hear this sort of thing, he has an anti-boner for the RS3.

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Spaceman_RS3, T-800 and 1 other person
I'm 99% sure that if there is a RS3 facelift coming it won't have:

- no front diff
- no optional semi slick option (like A45 or Cupra 290)
- no revised suspension (more track focused)
- not more than 381 PS (most of the current RS3's have more than the 367 PS stock anyway)
- forged wheel option (bought some forged HRE's anyway)

If the facelift would have all of these points above, I would trade mine in and get a facelifted one.
Iam sure that is wishful thinking and those things I listed won't get implemented.

Buy a current generation RS3, throw the Pzero tyres away, get some Michelin Pilot Super Sports and light weight wheels and there you go.

Also: I never experienced any understeer in real life conditions and i have never tracked my RS3. Don't believe everything some wannabe car reviewers talk about on their youtube channels or blogs.
Like that R vs RS3 review EVO made. Complete and utter ********. When you compare the laptimes on http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/eomav551s40i you'll see that the RS3 is faster than the R. The fact that the R can keep up with cars such as the M2/RS3/A45 shows what a good piece of kit it is. It doesn't discredit the other cars in my opinion.

Reactions: D19NL B, Terminator x, SHOTTA GTR and 6 others
Just as I was close to placing an order on the new RS3, I received the following message from my local dealer:

"...In the meantime, I have been informed that there will be a facelift due which will be approximatively at the beginning of November. I can confirm that one of the changes will be that the car will increase from 367BHP to an incredible 400BHP. Also Heated Seats are likely to be as standard on this new model (This will be confirmed come closer the time)"

So guys that haven't placed their orders yet, re-consider :) I think I'll hold off, at least until I get more details.

Just for your information as well, I'm based in Ireland and the spec for the RS3s is so much different than in the UK from what I've read here on the forum... Heated seats aren't standard, there is no dynamic/dynamic plus package available and other small differences. Plus, the prices are a lot higher, few examples:
Base RS3 -> 65900 Euro (UK - 40900 Pounds)
Reversing camera -> 679.25 Euro (UK - 275 Pounds)
Heated Seats -> 546.22 Euro (UK - FREE!)
Technology Pack -> 2866.42 Euro (UK - 1145 Pounds!!!!!)

Insane, I dont know where they get these prices from...

what a load of nonsense!

New RS3 facelift mule using motor with increased BHP under testing:

Reactions: D19NL B
Im actually looking forward to seeing if they can improve the current one in anyway. Doubt it though as its pretty spot on as is! A power increase means nothing, as a remap would sort that. And if they give it the front end off that saloon we've all seen then ill be glad i got a pre-facelift.

Im hoping for dynamic indicators on the face lift so i can retrofit to mine! And weirdly, i like the look of that test mule, with the full black roof including the a,b,c pillars.

Hopefully we can see some proper pictures soon and put to rest all this speculation!

So it looks like this facelift will be here at the same time as the a3/s3 going off that video which could have been tested months ago! Full black panoramic roof also! The air intakes over the wheel arches look the same as the current model as apposed to the sedan spy shots.

Doesn't mean that at all that could have been a video of the original test mules from 2014 means nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AudiNutta, T-800 and R55ENS
Doesn't mean that at all that could have been a video of the original test mules from 2014 means nothing. And anything that **** *** port posts should be ignored.

Ha very true. Do we think this facelift is coming in 2016 for the RS3?

Nobody knows except the guy that makes it in Audi and that's none of us or anyone that's talking about one

Status
Not open for further replies.