Rs3 engine oil light. No oil! After only 2.5k

kilojade

Reaction score
Just had oil light pop up... It's done 2.5kmiles.. Pulled up checked dip stick and it's Got a tiny drop just on the end...I did let it sit 5 mins before checking oil...

What grade oil do I need guys? 5/30s or 5/40s?

Grade is too general it's manufacturers specs .

VW 504.00 , which is a 5W30 .

Just got some from bp garage then 5 / 30 castrol. Put the full 1l in and it's like 3 quarters now. Prob could do with another 250ml.

Don't no why it's used so much oil!

strange.

in my case I changed first time oil at 7000km and it used only 2-3mm from max indication.

then at 15000km changed the oil again and used 3-4mm ( lots of high speed and accelerations ).

now at 19.000km only 1mm used.

regards

Take it to the dealer they will check and refill for free.

Get it into the dealer, they will unlikely do anything because they have pathetic, useless oil consumption criterias.

I thought a litre per every 6000 miles in my 1.4TFSi was heavy, the master tech said for as long as it is getting over 630 miles of driving for every litre of oil they won't do anything, ridiculous!!

Over a litre in 2.5k would lead me to believe a mechanical fault / oil leak, see if you can see any on the belly pans if not then just get them to inspect.

Doesn't sound right to me, mine was halfway down dipstick at point of oil change (9500 miles).

TX.

Had this happen to mine on Thursday. She's done 7k and was just showing a level. Got her booked in today for a oil change as well . Also noticed the oil was very black.
I'd like to think I drive her carefully from a cold start and always cool her down a couple a miles from home.
I washed her today just to make her feel a little better

something sounds a miss, mine barely uses a few mm on the dip stick between services, its never needed topping up

I checked my oil last night as I was bored. I've done just over 4k and the oil was at min.

Topped up half a litre as per the manual.

My S3 was the same for oil usage.

This happened to me yesterday!
Belting down the autoroute in France with a BMW something or other as company and bingo! Up it flashed "check oil"! Not what you want to see with the needle sitting at one o'clock!
I pulled in and checked. It was just off the stick. It took something over a litre. This after 10k kms. I have to admit that I never checked the oil picking the car up in Prague after which it has had a trip back to Toulouse and a return trip to Oxford.
What is the 'manufacturer' limits on oil consumption, has anyone established this yet?
I am not really happy especially as my 8P 2 litre TDI never had a drop of oil put in between services! I was hoping this would be the same...

Probably depends a lot of style of driving & length of journeys. Checked my oil level this weekend & was showing only 1/4 full so gave her a good top up .... I've only done 3,000 miles but a lot of short journeys .... & the 'occasional' 'dynamic' blip from time to time :whistle2::sunglasses:

Perfectly normal and been the same in all my 'turbo' audis.