RS3 countdown to configurator

Imagine paying almost 60k for your RS3 and Audi try to ship it to you with that bus driver steering wheel.

Reactions: Terminator x, Maverick86, NevMan and 1 other person

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person
No red brake calipers option :sob:.

My advise to all perspective RS3 buyers…..wait for the FL model!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Splathead and NevMan
How do you get the different colours though like someone did Nogaro blue?

simple, it was done using

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, auzzam_crd, RS3ree and 2 others
though honestly , I dont think I quite have Nogaro blue down, but close enough for me to use my imagination

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
Revised my order this morning from Sportback Vorsprung to:

Saloon
Carbon edition
+ comfort & sound pack
+ Daytona grey

Just not happy with round steering wheel or the graphic alloys on the vorsprung.

plus I really like the look of the carbon bits and the boot spoiler really does look fantastic - the hatch carbon wing I’m not a fan of. The saloon just looks the part IMO in carbon.

Saved a £grand in the process too lol :icon thumright:

BB5B2B06 1FE9 4CCC BA75 6AD21EF626D3

Reactions: Jassyo06, Terminator x, Mr Freeze and 7 others
with the confirmation of Sports Exhaust on the carbon black... I don't blame you!

My will is bending too, with too much pressure from the steering wheel jeers here (including from myself :tearsofjoy:) I may go back to my original choice of carbon saloon - I have still to hear back from MSG after sending them my order yesterday!

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin

Saloon
Carbon edition
+ comfort & sound pack
+ Daytona grey

Just not happy with round steering wheel or the graphic alloys on the vorsprung.

plus I really like the look of the carbon bits and the boot spoiler really does look fantastic - the hatch carbon wing I’m not a fan of. The saloon just looks the part IMO in carbon.

View attachment 241179

See you know it makes more sense
You grew up overnight
Well done
Looks the nutz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
When something is niggling at you then you know it needs sorting don't you.
Once the decision was made I instantly felt at ease so I know its the right decision.
I've never had a pan roof, 360 cam, etc so I work on you don't miss what you've never had.
But this way I feel i have the perfect aggressive 'RS'visual look externally and internally the steering wheel is important as its your contact point with the car.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
You beauty :icon thumright:

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 3 others
I watched that RS3 ring video on my big screen tv last night (opposed to my phone or laptop) and I was hiding my eyes behind my fingers

true horror flick :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR and 1 other person
When something is niggling at you then you know it needs sorting don't you.
Once the decision was made I instantly felt at ease so I know its the right decision.
I've never had a pan roof, 360 cam, etc so I work on you don't miss what you've never had.
But this way I feel i have the perfect aggressive 'RS'visual look externally and internally the steering wheel is important as its your contact point with the car.

Here lies my dilemma
I have pan roof
360° camera
Auto bootlid
Flat bottom
In the A7
Can I do without?????
Carbon is the better looking car by miles
Over the vorsprung but has the toys
Just wished the red seats were there and brakes
Will be an easy decision today if they still Offer me the launch edition as at least it gets the red brakes and 1 of 96 unmolested cars in 3 months after release
Other than that it may be hard to leave the A7

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR
Here lies my dilemma
I have pan roof
360° camera
Auto bootlid
Flat bottom
In the A7
Can I do without?????
Carbon is the better looking car by miles
Over the vorsprung but has the toys
Just wished the red seats were there and brakes
Will be an easy decision today if they still Offer me the launch edition as at least it gets the red brakes and 1 of 96 unmolested cars in 3 months after release
Other than that it may be hard to leave the A7

Feel your pain mate - I wrestled with it but when I started thinking thoughts like - I hope I don't dislike that wheel too much and I hope I do like those alloys and damn those carbon bits really do make the car - in the end, these factors outweighed the niceties that came with vorsprung. Pan roof was the main thing I will miss, but the saloon does come with the cool black roof so again, it adds to the RS look.

Reactions: NevMan and Add_Profile
@Snake Pliskin what happened to you telling me that once you get your head around the round steering wheel that the Vorsprung makes complete sense?!

Reactions: Jassyo06

Saloon
Carbon edition
+ comfort & sound pack
+ Daytona grey

View attachment 241179

Wow, quite a change from SB to Saloon, but does look the nuts. And think of it this way, all the pano, auto boot, lekkie seats, 360 camera etc adds is weight. (And for many rattles).

Again some can’t do without Pano, but if you have never had it……as you say

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Configurator is not very flexible
I will probably go Vorsprung, but am playing around with the configurator
On the 'base' model you cant alter the std 'orrible alloys and trying to add either ACC or the sports exhaust is impossible without adding thousands of pounds of 'attached' options

@Snake Pliskin what happened to you telling me that once you get your head around the round steering wheel that the Vorsprung makes complete sense?!

I had ..... but it became a niggle last night and was still there this morning.
Vorsprung does 100% make the most sense in terms of value and kit.
Whilst carbon gives you less 'luxury' kit, it ended up being the best 'balanced' option for me overall.

Wow, quite a change from SB to Saloon, but does look the nuts. And think of it this way, all the pano, auto boot, lekkie seats, 360 camera etc adds is weight. (And for many rattles).

Oh yeah lol that did occur to me too re the potential of pan roof rattle ha ha :)
The other bits really are nice things to have but far from essential so looks overcame luxury on this occasion.

Don’t forget you don’t get “PDE Adaptive suspension with Audi drive select” on standard/carbon edition unless you spec the Dynamic pack - this is standard on Vorsprung!

Don’t forget you don’t get “PDE Adaptive suspension with Audi drive select” on standard/carbon edition unless you spec the Dynamic pack - this is standard on Vorsprung!

Correct, hard to miss these things when computer (configurator) says NO

Carbon Edition Saloon in Kyalami Green for me. No options

Reactions: 3vans and Snake Pliskin

I lied
To be honest the steering wheel made no difference to me as I’ve had both I a space of a year and barley noticed or the pan roof
Don’t notice that either
The rest I am bothered about
But does look so good in the carbon edition
Time will tell I’m off in 3 hours to either do or don’t

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, 3vans and 1 other person
I have to say... the best bit about that site is getting to choose your................

PMSL

and that's translated lol

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, kayemill and Snake Pliskin
Has anyone who has ordered an RS3 been given a rough idea of delivery dates? Presumably launch cars will be very quick, but wonder how bad the chip shortage will affect things... If i do order one, I don't want to wait till March next year.

Has anyone who has ordered an RS3 been given a rough idea of delivery dates? Presumably launch cars will be very quick, but wonder how bad the chip shortage will affect things... If i do order one, I don't want to wait till March next year.
What are you driving at the minute @Doc? Still got the TTRS?

My 8Y is in positive equity by about £5k. I've been offered £36k for it at the moment at it's highest.

My RS3 deal.

Saloon, Carbon Model - Kyalami Paint. No other options.

£8k down, £560 per month.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Add_Profile and Snake Pliskin
That does look really good. I still can't help but think red calipers would really set it off perfectly!

red clipers, red contrast stitching and red interior design pack would have been perfection !

• Haha
Reactions: Add_Profile