RS3 8Y LCE Grail Black Exhaust Tip Tube

Norman J

Reaction score
Been watching a Autotop NL review of the RS3 8Y within which there were comments made about the “ugly rear exhaust tips”. The gap between the two exhaust outlets and the oval tip which is part of the rear valance was the issue. They mentioned a LCE Grail black tube which can be fitted inside the oval tip to get rid of this gap and visually hide the two exhaust outlets. Is anyone aware of this product as I’m unable to find it on the web.

German GRAIL has made catback exhaust with oval endpipes . But they fit only on their exhaust . GRAIL is marketed by BIPOLAR . If you evaluate catback purchase I can provide you with information about it ( I personally know who has installed one ) .
Thanks for your reply. This would count me out if you need their full exhaust. Looking again at the AutoTop NL video I got the impression they were talking about the stock exhaust. It’s referred to at about 3.30 in on the video. Here is the link -

Thanks for your reply. This would count me out if you need their full exhaust. Looking again at the AutoTop NL video I got the impression they were talking about the stock exhaust. It’s referred to at about 3.30 in on the video. Here is the link -

Be a little carefull when blocking the 'gap' off between the two tailpipes and the 'visible' oval exhaust trim, it is designed so the hot exhaust gas can also pull cold air through, if you where to stop the cold air being pulled through the oval trim will heat up to the same temperature as the exhaust and 'probably' melt the rear bumper :)

Honestly, the OEM setup doesn't bother me at all. I'll let the cars behind me worry about the look of the exhaust

Reactions: Mike.46, gimk, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Be a little carefull when blocking the 'gap' off between the two tailpipes and the 'visible' oval exhaust trim, it is designed so the hot exhaust gas can also pull cold air through, if you where to stop the cold air being pulled through the oval trim will heat up to the same temperature as the exhaust and 'probably' melt the rear bumper :)

Honestly, the OEM setup doesn't bother me at all. I'll let the cars behind me worry about the look of the exhaust
R8 is exactly the same set up

Reactions: eleven_