RS3 8V - Video reviews, clips and more

Bizarre line up! The RS3 driver had a shocking reaction time, would have been closer to the BMW if that was accounted for. But given the torque figure and drag coefficient of the BM hardly a surprising result.

RS3 looses a drag race against a 3 cylinder car and just crosses the line in front of a SUV. :whistle2:

12.78 for the RS3?

Are they retarded... the slowest I've seen is 12.3 seconds... and you can see the RS3 probably launched half a second after the BMW... its why we use a VBOX to compare times... SA Car Magazine is a D-list publication though.

Reactions: steve-tt, XPOWER and RGBARGEE
Audi RS3 vs A45 drag race.

I'm still waiting for someone to do A45 vs RS3 in-gear acceleration race and a drag race on a 1 mile strip with full telemetry to compare.
I think I might be waiting a while for those.

At the end of the day its good to see manufacturer willing to produce these products that customers want to buy.

Reactions: Daniel McCormick and TMP-Audi

How does he make the exhaust pop like that when he is stationary in the tunnel?

Reactions: jimojameso
The other week ;)

Reactions: Terminator x and Spaceman_RS3
I like the red ABT black rear panel and not sure if it has but the rear part of the roof in black, kind of looks quite nice.

A French review Audi RS3 and A45 on a race track:-

Audi RS3 MTM 435 hp sounding good:-

A while ago in a german car forum someone posted this video he recorded off his TV. It is in German so I don't know how useful it will be here :happy: .

Chrstian Menzel takes the RS3 for a fast lap on the auto motor und sport testtrack.
In short: He is very pleased with the RS3. In his opinion its fun to drive and on their testtrack faster than the RS4 and the new TTS.
He says the car is very neutral which makes it turn in quite well and you can get the power on out of corners very early.
The wider tires on the front help with the handling and there isn't really that much understeer, if any.
With the wider front tires the car handles precise and the engines sound and power really surprised him.
He doubted that Audi could revive the old Group B flair with the new 5-cylinder engine but apparently Audi pulled it off.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
No understeer? The loons of ASN will be on their way with pitchforks shortly.

TX.

No understeer? The loons of ASN will be on their way with pitchforks shortly.

TX.

Loons are known to migrate some - especially between RS3 Forums - some changing feathers as they go... :whistle2:

One thing is for sure, terminator x; the 'bark' of an Audi RS3 is certain to disturb any nest - what a great noise, what a great motor car... :racer:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Oh agreed, my favourite car to date over a few decades shall we say ;) What amuses me is that the owners love them with just the non owners hating on them :tonguewink:

TX.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Spaceman_RS3
Yes John and that's why I created the thread "IS ANYBODY CONTENT with their Audi RS3?" in the RS3OC nest as I was getting generally tired of reading the moans and groans from certain contributors; had 140 replies on that one and when push came to shove most liked their Audi RS3, as I do and I'm sure you do to :respekt:

Maybe Cuckoo is the bird you should have referenced rather than the Loon?
:whistle2:

71-years of age later this month and am now thinking my RS3 is going to be my last journey mode of transport choice, but not just yet... :racer:

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Terminator x
Oh agreed, my favourite car to date over a few decades shall we say ;) What amuses me is that the owners love them with just the non owners hating on them :tonguewink:

TX.

Out with my neighbours 8V S3 Sportback yesterday, terminator x; DSG and all, but it just didn't do it for me, at all, at all; nice car mind, great ride; but where oh where was that 5-pot torque and/or noise... :sadlike:

The wife has a S3 saloon, great car and she loves it. The first time we went out in the RS3 though she described it as "mental" which for me describes the difference quite succinctly.

TX.

Attachments

• IMG_20150731_102531.jpg
    IMG_20150731_102531.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: RCD6FC and 45bvtc
The wife has a S3 saloon, great car and she loves it. The first time we went out in the RS3 though she described it as "mental" which for me describes the difference quite succinctly.

TX.

I wanna meet the wife, John; she's my sort of girl... :yahoo:

Reactions: Terminator x and Spaceman_RS3
This video has made things difficult....well every video here has done.. just so awesome!!..

OK, so I'm staying RETRO RS3 but I like this:

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Not sure why they keep drag racing them? Similar power, similar weight and similar times ... what a surprise!

TX.

Any one else watched the Car Throttle video and notice the RS3 overtaking Phil the MX-5 on The Nürburgring.

The linked video is set to play at 6:14 where the RS3 overtakes Phil.

The car has British number plates so might be owned by someone on the forum.

That M2 really is a good looking car. Still, the noise that RS3 makes...

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Snake Pliskin and Rick P
Launch control! Naughty ;) The white one is deafening!

TX.

Reactions: Rick P and 5pot