RNS-E upgrade

ashaudia3

Reaction score
Morning ladies and gents.

After much debating am thinking of upgrading my rns-e. I currently have one fitted 2006 model, which only accepts 2gb sd cards.

Im guessing you know where am going. Jesus what a pain it is to add music, av got so many cards and it is becoming boring changing them.

So my question is if I get a 2010 version, will it plug and play providing i have the security code for the unit. Or would i require some coding. My current unit have Bluetooth fitted at factory to. retro fitted fbmfsw too. dont know if that would be affected.

Any input would be great.

Cheers

4gb should give you about 2000 tracks. is that really such a pain? a couple of years ago you would be lucky to get 60 tracks from a 6 disc CD player. its probably going to cost you £200-£400 to upgrade. what you running ? and Auidi or a Radio station :)

mk1 rnse cant read all track listings and does miss out albums mk2 media unit shows everything and also sounds a lot better

I just sync'd my MP3 Nat and i still have some space on a 8gb....To be honest if i could get a DAB, RNSE i would upgrade in a flash. Planet rock on the radio and i wouldnt need a SD slot at all :lmfao:

I'm going to fit an RNS-E soon but I'm leaning towards the old one. £300 more for a different button that i'll never use, a sharper screen which I'll spend very little time looking at (like to keep my eyes on the road) and extra storage when realistically 8GB would do me just doesn't seem worth it.

Is there something really worth while about the new one that I'm missing? I realise the button, resolution and storage is useful to some. OP, if you change I'll but your old one off you.

Punchy
Its just 2x 2gb cards but hey....thats fine for me. I did try a new model in a S3 i tested but to be honest i didn't really notice a difference.

Cheers Paddy, 2x 2gb would do for me anyway. Think I only use about 4gb on my ipod anyway. To be honest, as long as it plays Radio 4 I'll be happy. ;)