RNS-E Upgrade Advice & Wireless Auxin

Kayobong

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I've purchased a gloss black RNS-E from a RS3, from what I understand it should be plug and play, however, I don't have an aux port and ideally would like a wireless auxin but I'm not sure whether to buy an eBay special or invest in a better quality one as I have Bose speakers. Any links to a good wireless auxin kit would be appreciated.

The car the RNS-E was removed from does not have Bose so I was wondering if it would need any code changes or if it's good to go as is? It will also include the glovebox unit, but I don't use CD's so probably won’t get around to trying to fit it. Any advice on installing the head unit would be appreciated as there are varied answers as to whether it is plug and play or not.

Cheers.

I would assume there will be some coding to be done and you need to move 1 wire to the bose pin . Off the top off my head i know wire goes to pin 7 but cant mind which pin it has to come out off but i am sure someone will be along soon and tell you which 1 it is

Reactions: Kayobong
Cheers mate, hopefully I won't have to swap any pins but I'll give it a go if I have to. I don't have the unit yet so we'll see.
Not a problem there is heaps about the rnse on the site . Just use tge search function

Not a problem there is heaps about the rnse on the site . Just use tge search function

I know, it's a nightmare trying to find exactly what I'm looking for is the issue, some may or may not apply to me.

Should just be a simple plug n play and coding usually . Mind when using vcds to code. you look at everything in drop down box and assign the corrct number to what you have in ur car ie MFSW with cruise control ) etc