Revo CAI Engine Mount

HHS3

Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+
Reaction score
Hello,

The screw for the Revo CAI engine mount was a bit stiff so I took it off, gave it a clean and put some coppper grease on to help lube it a little. Was the latter a stupid thing to do as can the copper grease get into the intake?

Thanks.

From memory, it is a threaded hole that does not lead all the way through to the intake. Even if it was open, the amount of copper grease on the threads would not make any difference as the MAF is a good 60 cm away and round the corner as well.
Be very careful with that screw as it is very easy to strip the thread and then you are knackered!
My son told me that he thinks Revo are bringing out a new version where the threaded part is strengthened.

Reactions: HHS3
From memory, it is a threaded hole that does not lead all the way through to the intake. Even if it was open, the amount of copper grease on the threads would not make any difference as the MAF is a good 60 cm away and round the corner as well.
Be very careful with that screw as it is very easy to strip the thread and then you are knackered!
My son told me that he thinks Revo are bringing out a new version where the threaded part is strengthened.

It's a threaded hole don't worry bout the grease

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I had my Revo intake on the 8P I fitted a carbon steel thread insert as the original one stripped.
Quite easy to do tbh and far better than a tapped aluminium thread!

Nice one cheers fellas.