Reverse Sensors, no display on MMI???

Then it is just coding. HD based is MMI3GP in the Q3 and for visual parking you need front and rear sensors.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
I believe it has rear sensor but not sure about front sensor. How do I do the coding? Do you know any places in London?

I believe it has rear sensor but not sure about front sensor. How do I do the coding? Do you know any places in London?
Try vagcarcoding (@DJAlix)

If you have rear sensors and RMC (sd card based satnav) then visual parking is possible.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Try vagcarcoding (@DJAlix)

If you have rear sensors and RMC (sd card based satnav) then visual parking is possible.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
How can I do this? I don’t have experience with this, or do you know anyone who can do it??

How can I do this? I don’t have experience with this, or do you know anyone who can do it??
I can do this for you as long as you have rear OEM Audi sensors. If you had front sensors then you would have this display already (as long as they are OEM). I am based in North London and offer coding sessions from £40.00 with daytime, evening and weekend appointments 7 days a week.

I can do this for you as long as you have rear OEM Audi sensors. If you had front sensors then you would have this display already (as long as they are OEM). I am based in North London and offer coding sessions from £40.00 with daytime, evening and weekend appointments 7 days a week.
Ok nice one, please leave me your contact details so I will give you a call before I come in. Or please drop me a text message . Thanks very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok nice one, please leave me your contact details so I will give you a call before I come in. Or please drop me a text message . Thanks very much.
might want to edit your post in order to remove your number. I will send you a private message.

Edit: SMS sent

Hi,

I have 2014 S3 with rear only OEM sensors.

Interested in having visual parking aid turned on via VCDS.

Anyone offer this in Lincolnshire area?

Cheers
Jon

Hi Alix, can this be done with all facelift? I have tried and the coding is accepted but nothing comes up on screen when in reverse.
Cheers,
Al

Hi Alix, can this be done with all facelift? I have tried and the coding is accepted but nothing comes up on screen when in reverse.
Cheers,
Al
Can it be done and do I know how to do it? Yes. Do I have the tools to do it? No, only a select few do so unless you can find one of these select individuals your facelift car cannot have Visual Parking display unless you install front sensors.

Can it be done and do I know how to do it? Yes. Do I have the tools to do it? No, only a select few do so unless you can find one of these select individuals your facelift car cannot have Visual Parking display unless you install front sensors.
Can you recommend someone who can do it? I have a hex can vcds cable so can do remote over team viewer.
Another thing I read on another forum was you can change the parking module to a different one and then code it like you do on a pfl. Is this the way to do it?

On the B8.5 mmi plus system it works like this.

You have to fool the system....so change parking module, retrofit the speaker and switch. Code it and then the system thinks you have front sensors, so visual parking works.

Havent done it before my collegaes say it works the same for the A3 FL, Q2 systems.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

On the B8.5 mmi plus system it works like this.

You have to fool the system....so change parking module, retrofit the speaker and switch. Code it and then the system thinks you have front sensors, so visual parking works.

Havent done it before my collegaes say it works the same for the A3 FL, Q2 systems.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine
Won’t work on the MQB

Reactions: RJ-8V
Can you recommend someone who can do it? I have a hex can vcds cable so can do remote over team viewer.
Another thing I read on another forum was you can change the parking module to a different one and then code it like you do on a pfl. Is this the way to do it?
VCDS is not able to code this and the only person I know who can activate this display is in Croatia.

VCDS is not able to code this and the only person I know who can activate this display is in Croatia.

Would retrofitting the rear camera give you the guidance lines?
Been looking at this and it could work out cheaper fitting rear camera than front sensors. Front sensor once you include painting and stuff can be in the region of £800+, rear camera retrofit kit is around £4-500 then labour and coding.

Would retrofitting the rear camera give you the guidance lines?
Been looking at this and it could work out cheaper fitting rear camera than front sensors. Front sensor once you include painting and stuff can be in the region of £800+, rear camera retrofit kit is around £4-500 then labour and coding.
Retrofitting a Rear camera only gives you the camera image. If the camera is the “high” version then you would get adaptive guide lines which would show direct and angle. I can supply and fit a genuine OEM Audi reversing camera for £387.00.

Retrofitting a Rear camera only gives you the camera image. If the camera is the “high” version then you would get adaptive guide lines which would show direct and angle. I can supply and fit a genuine OEM Audi reversing camera for £387.00.
What the difference between the normal and high?
In previous cars the image on with camera had like an image to the side like the the normal visual parking with the camera(live) view with guidance lines depending which direction the steering wheel was turning. Like this one in the link.
http://www.motormods.co.uk/audi_A38v_reversing_camera_retrofit_display.jpg

I am very tempted with your £387 offer, is that high or low, however I understand your are in London and I’m in Edinburgh. Are you coming this side of the border any time in the future? Edinburgh festival is on at the moment if you are looking for a holiday and job on the side ;-)

What the difference between the normal and high?
In previous cars the image on with camera had like an image to the side like the the normal visual parking with the camera(live) view with guidance lines depending which direction the steering wheel was turning. Like this one in the link.
http://www.motormods.co.uk/audi_A38v_reversing_camera_retrofit_display.jpg

I am very tempted with your £387 offer, is that high or low, however I understand your are in London and I’m in Edinburgh. Are you coming this side of the border any time in the future? Edinburgh festival is on at the moment if you are looking for a holiday and job on the side ;-)
Need to forget about the graphic that details rear sensors, overhead view and guide lines etc, not gonna happen unless you have front sensors in addition to the rears... even if you fit a camera.

Standard camera is just a video image of whats behind you. High Camera is the image + adaptive guide lines and depending on model switchable parking modes. I only supply and fit "high" cameras. Am not mobile unfortunately but more than welcome to visit London, leave the car with my for the day while I retrofit the camera and you go shopping up town :)

Need to forget about the graphic that details rear sensors, overhead view and guide lines etc, not gonna happen unless you have front sensors in addition to the rears... even if you fit a camera.

Standard camera is just a video image of whats behind you. High Camera is the image + adaptive guide lines and depending on model switchable parking modes. I only supply and fit "high" cameras. Am not mobile unfortunately but more than welcome to visit London, leave the car with my for the day while I retrofit the camera and you go shopping up town :)

Sounds like a plan. Now need to figure out where I can get time to do this.

Hi @DJAlix

Can you fit OEM reversing camera (high) to a Facelift 8V S3 Sportback for that price? I have VCDS and just tried the update to enable reversing cameras to find it failed, which led me to this thread!

I only bought the car yesterday (for my wife), and told her I could enable the visual display for the rear sensors. Oops.

Hi @DJAlix

Can you fit OEM reversing camera (high) to a Facelift 8V S3 Sportback for that price? I have VCDS and just tried the update to enable reversing cameras to find it failed, which led me to this thread!

I only bought the car yesterday (for my wife), and told her I could enable the visual display for the rear sensors. Oops.
Yes sir, the high version is the only one I actually supply :)

I can help to enable visual on RMC units, with VCDS remotely using teamviewer. PM me for info

Can be done with rear sensors only, even without camera. But only RMC units

Hi all, new to the forums...

I've just shook hands to part exchange my A1 for an A3 today.... It's a 2016 Sport model, I believe it's the facelift version judging by the headlights.

It doesn't currently have parking sensors but I'm looking to fit some. Have I understood correctly that you can't code the visual display on this particular model?

Thanks,
Ross

Hi all, new to the forums...

I've just shook hands to part exchange my A1 for an A3 today.... It's a 2016 Sport model, I believe it's the facelift version judging by the headlights.

It doesn't currently have parking sensors but I'm looking to fit some. Have I understood correctly that you can't code the visual display on this particular model?

Thanks,
Ross

On the facelift you need front and back sensors for it to work. Doesn’t work with just the back.

Okay... Thanks for the reply.

So... If I was to buy and install the set of front and rear sensors along with the replacement strip with the button to enable/disable them, would someone then be able to code them into the display for me?

Also, could anyone confirm whether the following VW Golf MK7 ones are the right ones? They seem to be the same part number and have "VW AG" written on them: https://www.autodily.co.uk/vw-5q0-9...ops-pdc-front--rear-parking-sensors-451-p.asp (I know the switch is the wrong style for Audi and I'll have to get that separately, but are the sensors the right ones to be coded into the display)

Thanks

Okay... Thanks for the reply.

So... If I was to buy and install the set of front and rear sensors along with the replacement strip with the button to enable/disable them, would someone then be able to code them into the display for me?

Also, could anyone confirm whether the following VW Golf MK7 ones are the right ones? They seem to be the same part number and have "VW AG" written on them: https://www.autodily.co.uk/vw-5q0-9...ops-pdc-front--rear-parking-sensors-451-p.asp (I know the switch is the wrong style for Audi and I'll have to get that separately, but are the sensors the right ones to be coded into the display)

Thanks

Try @DJAlix. He should be able to advise

Thanks, I've messaged him on their website.

I've come across this switch panel which has all my current buttons + the parking sensor one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-...977974?hash=item23ba459636:g:L1oAAOSwtjlcsGZU

I think it's the correct one for my car?
link doesnt seem to work. If its got the front parking sensor button then it will work as long as its got drive select button and car is equipped with it etc. You will need to make sure of year as pfl has red illumination and fl has white illumination. Mine is from aliexpress. the buttons are laid out in reverse but it makes no difference except now ive an extra button for park assist that i dont have.

Bit of a late hijack. Got a 2010 a6 avant. Used obd eleven to activate the parking graphics. They pop up now and then. But very rarely anyone know why? Always shows as active when I check the coding

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

link doesnt seem to work. If its got the front parking sensor button then it will work as long as its got drive select button and car is equipped with it etc. You will need to make sure of year as pfl has red illumination and fl has white illumination. Mine is from aliexpress. the buttons are laid out in reverse but it makes no difference except now ive an extra button for park assist that i dont have.

Okay, may need to get in touch to check the year for the colour, but it has all the right buttons.

Do you know whether these sensors are suitable for the A3? The listing says Golf however the part number seems to match the Audi one, and it does have "VW AG" printed on the controller. https://www.autodily.co.uk/vw-5q0-9...ops-pdc-front--rear-parking-sensors-451-p.asp

Cheers.

Hi,

I have 2014 S3 with rear only OEM sensors.

Interested in having visual parking aid turned on via VCDS.

Anyone offer this in Lincolnshire area?

Cheers
Jon

@dpaz posted earlier in this thread that he covers the Lincs area. I have pm'd him about some activations and am waiting for him to get back to me.

Cool, keep us posted,

Cheers

Reactions: Neil C
Recently just bought a A3 s -line sportback with rear parking sensors only.
Would be great if anyone around the derbyshire area could activate this on the MMI screen for me too?

Hey all, i am fairly new to all this. Ive had my A3 Sport Nav for almost 4 years, audi put in retrofitted rear parking sensors. Can i not get this corrected? Also, whatelse can the vcds open up? Kinda intrigued now

Depending on which modules your car has fitted, needle sweep, alarm chirp, oil temperature display, dipping passenger mirror when reversing, plus others I'm sure.

Thats awesome, is there anyone about the London area who could assist me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk