reverse mirror tilt

Think you have to hold the switch up to raise the window manually but when it's at the top keep the switch help up in the same position for 10 seconds and it re learns the position of the windows. Something like that !
This worked perfectly thanks for all replies

Reactions: Rob2k68
Where is the best price wise to buy a cable as there is a few things I want todo anyhow ??

Reactions: Rob2k68
Where is the best price wise to buy a cable as there is a few things I want todo anyhow ??

Bought mine from Ilexa but Gendan also sell them.

Not sure if @NHN on here can also supply them?

Resurrecting an old thread.......My mirrors are electric, folding, heated and auto-dimming (6XK). The tilt down of the passenger side mirror when reverse gear is selected has been working fine but now for no apparent reason has decided to stop working. The selector switch is pointing to the adjustment position for the passenger mirror but no tilt occurs when reverse is selected. If I tilt the mirror down using the knob whilst in reverse then the mirror does not return to the normal position when I drive off forwards.

It seems as if the car is going to have to go to the dealer to rectify this fault. It's a minor thing but I do find it useful to help avoid a scuffed alloy.

The OP rectified the same fault by disconnecting the battery but I'm concerned that this will throw all manner of fault codes or set the alarm off or whatever. Is it safe to disconnect the battery (other than the standard precautions when disconnecting/reconnecting any car battery)?

Last edited:
Car was in for a routine oil change and the dealer fixed the passenger mirror that would not tilt in reverse gear. I don't know what they did exactly but it's all working now.