Reverse Camera Retrofit!

Callum Jarvis

Reaction score
Hey Guys! After a few days I have managed to successfully retrofit the new reverse/Rear View camera with the built in handle module. It wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done but very rewarding when I finally got it to work.
I had a quick question really, when I'm actually in reverse the camera image doesn't fully go to the top of the screen. I don''t have front parking sensors, only rear; I am aware that with the MIB2 the image won't fully extend across, although it doesn't fill it all the way to the top. I have attached an image, just wasn't sure if my coding was slightly off.

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• IMG_9941.JPG
    IMG_9941.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 250
Reactions: Steaman
Hey Guys! After a few days I have managed to successfully retrofit the new reverse/Rear View camera with the built in handle module. It wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done but very rewarding when I finally got it to work.
I had a quick question really, when I'm actually in reverse the camera image doesn't fully go to the top of the screen. I don''t have front parking sensors, only rear; I am aware that with the MIB2 the image won't fully extend across, although it doesn't fill it all the way to the top. I have attached an image, just wasn't sure if my coding was slightly off.

Thanks Guys

Well done on the retrofit. There is a guide in the sticky threads section which helps people out as well.

The pic is norm, if you do a search on Autotrader for example, cars with the latest camera reflect the same screen usage. The area at the top and bottom outside of the pic is for info usage. So yours would appear to be spot on.

Jungle

Well done on the retrofit. There is a guide in the sticky threads section which helps people out as well.

The pic is norm, if you do a search on Autotrader for example, cars with the latest camera reflect the same screen usage. The area at the top and bottom outside of the pic is for info usage. So yours would appear to be spot on.

Jungle

Thanks for the reply Jungle650, Yeah I had a feeling that it was normal. Its a shame that Audi have to be so difficult unlike VW...can't enable visual parking aid etc...So much unused space on the screen!

Indeed, thats the plus side of the old canera module in that it uses all of the screen with the graphics overlayed rather than on the side. Downside is the camera and module are seperate. So horses for courses .

Do u have the installation guides for retrofit camera, i have oem camera with me since a year but never fit it as i was worried about warranty as Audi dealer said they will not install. Now my warranty is over and i m thinking to install from profession technician.