retrofit MFSW to A3

Solo12

Reaction score
I have a 2011 A3 8PA
It has cruise control but I'm thinking of fitting a MFSW can anyone advise what i'll need apart from the wheel,

Is it an 8L or 8P? I think (but its from memory) with the 8P,you need a slipring, the steering wheel and coding on vcds but if you have dsg paddles then you have the right slipring

If you use google or search on here, it has been covered before

HTH

Its an 8P, what about the wiring, is it just plug into existing then code, i have searched existing feeds but it all seems a bit vague.

Well that's a good start as I've been reading up for doing this myself for my 8P,
You may need to google regarding whether or not you need the other loom/clockspring with having cruise control but provided you've either fitted the loom (if required) or got the correct loom then it is plug and play and then just enable the coding on vag-com "VCDS" which is a case of going into the steering wheel section and then you can use the long code helper and copy and paste the new code, just make sure you've noted down the existing coding incase you do anything wrong

HTH
Alex

As you have the 2011 8P you just need the steering control module and the airbag loom with the wheel if its a manual... if its an auto then its just the airbag loom with the wheel, swap over and code.