Replacement cylinder head 2.0 Tdi Bkd

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, seems like I may have a duff head on my car, Iv tried everything but that and head gasket to resolve my coolant loss problem so preparing for the worst!

Any recommendations where to buy one and how much will the job likely to cost?

Cheers

Hi mate, I bought mine from the bay for £300. My engine is bkd and I got the replacement head ending with C which is meant to be better. I did all the work myself and it wasn't too much of a bad job. I don't know how good you are with a spanner but you can get a quote from a few garages round you. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Hi mate that C doesn't mean it's perfect as mine has a C already! Lol don't really fancy 2nd hand rather pay for a guarantee! lol

Ohhhh dear!!lol well darksidedevelopment have an amc complete cylinder head for £650 if you fancy going that route. How frequent are you topping up coolant now???

Ive fitted a fair amount of ivor searle new cylinder heads, they are faultless

Ohhhh dear!!lol well darksidedevelopment have an amc complete cylinder head for £650 if you fancy going that route. How frequent are you topping up coolant now???

Yea I saw they had them so one possibility! Going to get a price from Audi too I think! Every week mate unfortunately! Been going on since August now so Iv had enough! Lol

Although my head ends in 'C' I too seem to be topping up water every 10-14 days, with NO visible leaks in engine bay I think I will need to have a look at head for cracks, the thing is, my car seems to be getting the best mpg it's ever had at the moment, starts no problem and runs pretty good too, even at over 150k

Although my head ends in 'C' I too seem to be topping up water every 10-14 days, with NO visible leaks in engine bay I think I will need to have a look at head for cracks, the thing is, my car seems to be getting the best mpg it's ever had at the moment, starts no problem and runs pretty good too, even at over 150k

Unfortunately mine drives mint too! Lol do get a fair bit of steam out the back some mornings but once that clears you'd never know!

Reactions: martinivw