REMUS Exhaust - 3.2

clem2192

Reaction score
Hi,

I am contemplating getting an exhaust / backbox for my 3.2 as I would like her to sound like she should being a V6 :yes:

I dont want anything too intrusive, I want it relatively quiet on idle but a more raspy / sporty sound when you boot it!

I quite like the sound of the R32 which I guess is the same system just without the exhaust flap that is fitted to reduce the noise emmitted at certain speeds / revs.

I have seen the 'exhaust flap mod' can be done but I am unsure as to how much of a difference this will make and if it will throw up any fault codes. Also I dont really know how its done either :sadlike:

I have been looking at a REMUS backbox but these seem quite expensive (best quote I have is £359 fitted)

Does anyone have a sound clip of the REMUS backbox fitted to a 3.2?

Anyone got a RMEUS back box for a 3.2 for sale or know of a group buy?

Any help would be appreciated!

Nice One!

Ryan

Ryan
Disconnecting the flap on the back box is easily done but will not make much difference. The Remus is the way to go in my opinion but the 3.2 does not have a separate back box so you need some one to cut the original off and fit the Remus.
If you can make it today i could meet you at Box hill car park and you could listen to my Remus ?

Paddy,
I am unable to meet up as am at work and pretty busy at the moment, any chance you can get a recording and send / e-mail it to me.
A lot of people seem to advise the REMUS route, just not sure that I can justify £359 for a back box only!
Do you know of any places that do the REMUS back box for the 3.2 as can only find a few! Also do you know of any group buys going at the minute?
Cheers
Ryan

OK mate, cant help with where you might get one. Mine came from V6 Pete when he posted here and he was the importer but i know he sold his 3.2 and i have not seen a post from him for ages .
I don't have any way of recording mine and doubt it would tell you much anyway.
I didn't want anything obtrusive of boy racer but i wanted that V6 rasp at higher revs and that is where the Remus is just so good. Put it in sport and run some revs and it sounds just brilliant, put it back in drive and drive normally and its back to being within 20% of the normal noise :)

Looks nice as well :)

Audi2101115.jpg

Cool beans, thanks for your help paddy, I may well go the REMUS route when I finally decide!