Removing Chrome Window trim (Exterior)

Apparently Audi recommend breaking the glass in order to remove the chrome trim from the rear quarterlights :ohmy:

most ppl just paint them mat black or you can put some carbon fiber look film on them. its a pick of a job to take it all of othere whys

well it would be the same really dont matter what colour you do them be it black or the colour of your car key it up use some primer then your colour of choce then clear coat would not be hard mate

there is loads of ppl on here that wanted them off and the job was just to much of a pain so did it on the cars. you have to strip down the hole top frame of the doors glass and every thing from what i can rember any way. im sure some one will give more info on it than me.

you have to do, Take off door card Take off window motor Take off all the bolts that hold the window frame to the door Take off the window frame from the door Then you can get at the push lugs that told that bit of trim on place, its a real balls ache of a job to do as it takes so much time to change just one bit, i would book a whole day to do all 4 windows.

If you do a search you'll see the Elsawin drawings I've posted explaining how to remove them.

Instead of expecting someone else to have done it why don't you be the one to write a "How to" for once?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

If you do a search you'll see the Elsawin drawings I've posted explaining how to remove them.

Instead of expecting someone else to have done it why don't you be the one to write a "How to" for once?!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
bit off an attitude there' Which i dont like, forgive me if i was wrong, as for expecting some one to have done it' reason is as there is people doing things all the time or may have had to replace one, so tried alittle research first

What's my being a moderator got to do with anything? And with respect it wasn't me exclaiming in capitals "SOMEONE MUST HAVE HAD THEM OFF" - this question is asked so often and all the answers are on here. Nevertheless I apologise if my "attitude" offended your sensitive nature.

I will look out the Chrome Avant trim section from Elsawin later and post it up for you.

therefore i do appologise just the way you came across and too see you where a mod shocked me even more as i expect better from them to keep the forum friendly etc, but hey, got off on the wrong foot,

Looks like ive got two options then

1 -spray them on the car, wanting body coloured

2 - get them wrapped

What colour is your car?

I don't know if they do shadowline trim in different colours at all?

I would get them wrapped.

Do you think you can get just satin black wrap.

Could do with a guide or somewhere to get it done?

Prehaps the vynal wrap places...??
therefore i do appologise just the way you came across and too see you where a mod shocked me even more as i expect better from them to keep the forum friendly etc, but hey, got off on the wrong foot,

Looks like ive got two options then

1 -spray them on the car, wanting body coloured

2 - get them wrapped

Should look good.

Unless you want to break up the colour with silver and black....
will the satin black not look overkill if the following are also going to be satin

audi Rings
Roof bars
Wheels

might be just cheaper to paint them too, id be doing it myself

like i thought bit of a pain to take off. any how to get a can of paint made up in the colour of your car is about £11ish key it all up put some plastic primer on then go over with normal primer then your paint finsih off with clear coat job done would take 2hrs all in id think

this I know has been done to death but is the rear quarter chrome trim suppose to just pop off? I have been covering my chrome with wrap and I couldnt get curve on the rear with narrow tape and the trim popped off when I pulled it??? I may opt to spray it on the car tbh??!!