Removing avant rear quarter glass

Audigit

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks,

I am looking to pick up some privacy glass for my avant and was wondering if anyone knows how to remove/install the glass in the rear quarter (behind the doors) or known of a good guide on how to do so?

I'll answer the obvious question, why go through all the trouble of fitting privacy glass when I could get them tinted?

The answer is 3 fold. 1: resale value will be more comfortable with actual privacy glass over tint film. 2: factory dipped glass is better in my opinion. 3: I can't stand the halo you get with the rear screen and it'll save any issues with the heat elements in the windows with demisting.

Thanks

Craig

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

So... I'm the only idiot that's decided to try it himself?! Ha ha

I'll post up my findings on how when I get the time to go get the windows.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Good luck! It's better holding out for OEM stuff some times. It's taken me 18 months to get hold of some OEM carbon interior trims!

seems like a lot of hastle and risk to your paint etc to swap the glass, is the rear bonded ?

would it really make that much difference to the resale i bet most wouldnt even notice as long as its tinted, i'v had mine tinted for nearly 2 year now i think and not had any touble with the rear screen etc

anyway good luck hope it works out

chop

When I chopped mine in the Audi salesman said "Factory Tints" as he was looking at my car. I did not bother correcting him ;)

Reactions: Chop.