Removal of rear light cluster

steveos3

Reaction score
Hi all,
Had a mate follow me the other night, he then told me that my indicators have turned white, so i know that the orange film flakes off the bulb so i'll get a couple tommorrow, but how the hell do you get the light cluster off to get to change the bulb!!
Hope someone can help
Steve

There is a small (10p?) sized plastic grommet in the trim inside the boot liner adjacent to the rear light. Pop this off and inside is a screw (Torx or Philips I cant remember) - needs quite a long screw driver from memory, but undo this and the light should pull out. It needs to be slid out carefully as it's in some special slots. I can't remember if the screw is captured so don't drop it!

It might be slightly different between saloon and avant, but the gist is the same!

yeah dont let the screw drop out and fall actually down the hole....never did find mine!

it's Philips (cross-head)... I'd recommend a low-torque electric screw-driver with a magnetic head.... that's about as complicated as I can make it... really is just the one little plug with one screw behind it and make sure you catch the screw once it's loosened and the headlight unit....

job done, didnt drop the bolt, but can see what you mean, thanks for your advice and help.