Remote Key Fob boot button problem

Dec

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got a problem with my key fob I think. When I press the boot button, it does not work, however if I keep pressing it a few times (varies how many), it eventually works. It does this wether the car is locked or unlocked.

Funny thing is, is that to unlock or lock the car works fine first press of the button which leads me to believe that it is not a battery issue.

I only have one key so cannot try with another. I have been trying to get a key from ebay to get cut and then program in but have not had time to keep bidding and keep missing out.

Any help/advice/experiences would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Dec

Have you tried to just hold the boot popping button down? I have to hold mine for 1-2 seconds before the boot pops open.

Dan

No problemo. I couldnt seem to get mine to open when i first bought my car LOL. Then the salesman simply held the btton in for me, felt such a tit haha.

Yep, gotta hold the button down for about 2 seconds - hope that fixes it for you!

I just want to use it to unlock the boot while keeping the rest of the car locked really. Seen a few cars that pop the boot fully but I think it was mostly larger cars (and possibly more expensive ones) Im sure its possible to make it open fully, Im sure one of my friends used to have it on a Golf.

i was the exact same with mine when i got it, held it for some reason one day and realised thats how it worked. just incase you didnt know you can open your windows by holding the unlock button and close them by holding the lock button (works on mine anyway lol)

Davie

Yer, supprised I didnt even try it really, its so simple now I know!

Yer I did know that one thanks mate, works on my friends mk5 golf and he told me to give it a go when I got the car.