remap dpf and egr gone

buggy_666

Reaction score
hi guys new on here so let me tell you what i have done this week
i have a a4 avant b8 143 which i am very pleased with
got her mapped last week and was perfect a lot more power and good mpg about 3 miles per gallon to be right
however jon at big fish tunning suggested i remove the dpf and egr
now this is not an easy job as audi in their wisdom dont leave much space to remove the dpf
now i tried everything to get it out so i could knock out the insides of the dpf but to no avail
now not been a man that can not and wont be beat by our german freinds i got the said stuborn section of the exhaust jammed in with chocks of wood and knocked ten bells out of the guts of the said filter i must stress this was jammed into the car as these things can not be removed from the car so i done it in situ oh removed all sensors before i started
took about 2 hours but its done at last
popped back down to mr big fish tunning and for a very small figure he remapped the filter out and also the egr mapped out
i must say the car is as smooth as silk now and very very pleased with it and now returning about 6 mpg over no remap
so what a saving 6 months time i would have recouped my costs and then start to reep the benefits of it
also no dpf to worry about now or egr problems ever so i would say its a win win situation also its at 200 bhp now with no issues
hope this helps some guys out

Nice one mate blanked my egr other week and had it mapped out with the remap about 5 mpg better off and bout 190 bhp from 140

How are you getting on with mot and the new regulations without the dpf?

As long as the car passes the smoke test and the original DPF box is there there it will pass with no issues.

Yeah. I'm tempted to have them both out. I just worry a bit if they change the mot regulations

True. I'm new to the audi seen. What bhp/torque increase can expect from 2011 A4 avent, TdiE with dpf, egr out with remap