Recommend me some brake pads

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
Trying to sort another annoying rattle on the car today that has been driving me mental. I found the rattle stops with the brakes applied, took the wheels off and there is slight play in the rear brake pads.

Having done a bit of reading about on the net, it looks as though whoever did the rear brakes last didn't fit the anti rattle clips. I have tried to end the part but can't locate it from anywhere. So i'm going to replace the pads for new ones.

Has anybody bought some rear brake pads recently that had the spring included in the box?

Im fairly sure my pads didn't come with the springs, seem to remember putting the old ones back in, although this was a year ago, I have forgotten alot since then

My ebc greenstuff pads came with metal shims that bent and caused major binding, took them off, squeaked abit untill they bedded in now they are fine! Infact amazing

You can but the anti rattle springs from any good motorfactor, they always come in seperate pack. We sell them at work, made by mintex.

Thanks guys!

I wasn't aware you could buy them separately mx_rab so thanks for that, mine are not that worn at all so I might try some motor factors and see if I get any joy with that first.

Just looked the mintex catalogue for you and it seems that most A3's take Part No. MBA1211 for rear anti rattle springs.

If you send me exact make, model, year and engine size i will be able to confirm that for you.

Just looked the mintex catalogue for you and it seems that most A3's take Part No. MBA1211 for rear anti rattle springs.

If you send me exact make, model, year and engine size i will be able to confirm that for you.

Cheers! I've PM'd you. :icon_thumright:

ds2500's on the rear? i just went for genuine parts on the rears and ds3000s on the front... although next time i will be getting the 2500s as the dust caused by the ds3000's is mental. you should copper slip any pads when you fit them really, helps prevent unwanted friction and squealing

I went for red stuff pads. Not had any issues with them. Seems like there lasting forever too.