Rear Wiper

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
Ok so the rear wiper has now got a mind of it's own and keeps waving at the car behind even when it's switched off! After doing a quick bit of research I see that it's probably done the water ingress in the motor.
Anyone know what's either the original make used or maybe of a better replacement manufacturer to go with on the new one?

The motor usually fails because the washer pipe/nozzle starts leaking onto the motor. Not aware of any upgrade.

Valeo rear motor is currently only £66.29 from Eurocarparts using their current promotion code.

Bosch one is the same design. I've had 2 Bosch ones fail due to water ingress too.

Niether have I. If it was suirting constantly that would be pump or wiper stalk issue not the wiper motor.

Check the date out .

2019 11 29 201731

And still going strong .

Er mine's not squirting constantly :grin: but thanks for the info!
I'll probably get a bosch one then.

There's a copper pipe that runs from the wiper motor to the spray nozzle. It's this that breaks and effectively kills the motor when it leaks. No point even trying to fix (I have seen a kit before). Use plenty low temperature screen wash additive and resist the temptation to clean the back window until temperature gets up a bit.

Bosch gets my vote, wiper blades too.

Well I flitted a new motor today and have to say that certain aspects of this job are a real pig lol!
Removing the boot trim first part easier than the second bit that sits on the glass, in the end made a hook from a very thin allen key and pulled the plastic in each corner towards the front of the car to get it off.
Undoing the wiper bolt was ok but the wiper was well and truly stuck on, with no wiper puller and after soaking it with penetrating oil in the end i resorted to cutting it off :laughing:
I couldn't find a bosch motor for less than £100plus when I was ordering so in the end settled on an skv one off Ebay
A couple of things worth noting is that non original motors (or the skv one at least) don't seem to fit as snug where they go through the glass so I whacked some silicone in there just to make sure, also the screen wash pipe doesn't click on quite as tightly as the oem one so it starts to push off under the pressure of a prolonged squirt. In the end I put a dab of super glue on it to hopefully hold it on tightly.
Luckily I checked all this before putting all the trim back on!
On reflection I would probably go for the oem motor to hopefully avoid such issues.... oh and definitely make sure that you have the puller before you attempt this job as getting the wiper arm off took up 90% of my time today :tearsofjoy: