1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. quattrogone

quattrogone Quattro Back!

Ok so the rear wiper has now got a mind of it's own and keeps waving at the car behind even when it's switched off! After doing a quick bit of research I see that it's probably done the water ingress in the motor.
    Anyone know what's either the original make used or maybe of a better replacement manufacturer to go with on the new one?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Valeo strikes again .

Bosch .

4. pauldazzle

pauldazzle Well-Known Member

The motor usually fails because the washer pipe/nozzle starts leaking onto the motor. Not aware of any upgrade.

5. quattrogone

So Bosch make the best replacements?

6. pauldazzle

Valeo rear motor is currently only £66.29 from Eurocarparts using their current promotion code.

7. Gazwould

Why buy the brand that breaks...

8. pauldazzle

It's the water ingress that causes the failure not the brand of motor.

9. Gazwould

The water ingress caused by the inferior brand engineering .

10. pauldazzle

Bosch one is the same design. I've had 2 Bosch ones fail due to water ingress too.

11. Gazwould

I've never met anyone that has the rear wiper on and squirting constantly !

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. pauldazzle

Niether have I. If it was suirting constantly that would be pump or wiper stalk issue not the wiper motor.

14. Gazwould

Check the date out .

2019-11-29 20.17.31.png

And still going strong .

15. quattrogone

Er mine's not squirting constantly :grin: but thanks for the info!
    I'll probably get a bosch one then.

16. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Active Member

There's a copper pipe that runs from the wiper motor to the spray nozzle. It's this that breaks and effectively kills the motor when it leaks. No point even trying to fix (I have seen a kit before). Use plenty low temperature screen wash additive and resist the temptation to clean the back window until temperature gets up a bit.

Bosch gets my vote, wiper blades too.

17. quattrogone

Well I flitted a new motor today and have to say that certain aspects of this job are a real pig lol!
    Removing the boot trim first part easier than the second bit that sits on the glass, in the end made a hook from a very thin allen key and pulled the plastic in each corner towards the front of the car to get it off.
    Undoing the wiper bolt was ok but the wiper was well and truly stuck on, with no wiper puller and after soaking it with penetrating oil in the end i resorted to cutting it off :laughing:
    I couldn't find a bosch motor for less than £100plus when I was ordering so in the end settled on an skv one off Ebay
    A couple of things worth noting is that non original motors (or the skv one at least) don't seem to fit as snug where they go through the glass so I whacked some silicone in there just to make sure, also the screen wash pipe doesn't click on quite as tightly as the oem one so it starts to push off under the pressure of a prolonged squirt. In the end I put a dab of super glue on it to hopefully hold it on tightly.
    Luckily I checked all this before putting all the trim back on!
    On reflection I would probably go for the oem motor to hopefully avoid such issues.... oh and definitely make sure that you have the puller before you attempt this job as getting the wiper arm off took up 90% of my time today :tearsofjoy: