Rear speakers not working (non bose)

Mohammad-997

Reaction score
hi ive installed an aftermarket stereo which is an xtrons stereo everything works except the rear speakers. Its on my audi a3 8P sportback 2006. The original stereo i had in there was an audi concert stereo. I have a sub installed in the boot apparently on the left hand side which power the rear speakers. Can anyone help me out?

I woildn't like to say if that would do but there is a big section about aftermarket head units , what I have read on here seems to be you need the correct plugs to get amp working , might be worth marking your ones up and move plugs around and test to see if you get amp working if so take note off the plugs

If your going from the single din concert headunit (which I think you are as you don’t have the quad lock connector) then yes according to dynamic sounds website this harness is the one you need. I would advise getting it from Halfords plug it in and try it.

Just make sure the harness matches up to the radio harness

If your going from the single din concert headunit (which I think you are as you don’t have the quad lock connector) then yes according to dynamic sounds website this harness is the one you need. I would advise getting it from Halfords plug it in and try it.

Just make sure the harness matches up to the radio harness

Hi ive done a double din conversion its a double din which im putting in. It should still work right?

yeah as you're using the original single din car harness it the only harness you can use

You don’t need anything else. The xtrons comes with everything you need. You must not have wired it up right.
Plug the xtrons loom into the car loom and then plug the white and red speaker Rca connections together which should be r/r, r/l, f/r, f/l. You may also have a blue amp cable connected to those speaker connections and you need to connect that up to another blue cable that says amp on it which will be on the loom side of things.
Also go into the settings on the xtrons and make sure the fader settings aren’t set to the front of the car.
If you’re still not sure, post a picture of your car wiring and a picture of the xtrons and all it’s wiring.

Reactions: xkieron99x and ch1z64
@ab1702 don't xtrons assume that people are swapping from the newer double din concert and symphony's to xtrons and not from a single din concert to xtrons, because they have completely different car harnesses

@ab1702 don't xtrons assume that people are swapping from the newer double din concert and symphony's to xtrons and not from a single din concert to xtrons, because they have completely different car harnesses

You get 2 different harnesses in the box with the xtrons, quadlock and iso (or whatever you call it) for the older ones. As everything else is working I’m pretty sure he’s just missed something otherwise if it was completely wrong I would imagine nothing would be working.

You get 2 different harnesses in the box with the xtrons, quadlock and iso (or whatever you call it) for the older ones. As everything else is working I’m pretty sure he’s just missed something otherwise if it was completely wrong I would imagine nothing would be working.
well you learn something new everyday, then @Mohammad-997 don't get the harness i suggested look at current harness and make sure it's connected properly

So if you look on here. 4, 5, 6 & 7 need to be connected to 21, 22, 23 & 24. Also if on the unit in question you have a number 3 and a number 18 then you need to join those together but if you don’t have Bose it should work without these (3 & 18) anyway.
I’ve had an xtrons in the past in an A3 without Bose so I know it should work with everything that’s in the box.
9449E368 FD8D 47AD 921E 1155F12D1439

So if you look on here. 4, 5, 6 & 7 need to be connected to 21, 22, 23 & 24. Also if on the unit in question you have a number 3 and a number 18 then you need to join those together but if you don’t have Bose it should work without these (3 & 18) anyway.
I’ve had an xtrons in the past in an A3 without Bose so I know it should work with everything that’s in the box.View attachment 173818
Hi thank you so much this worked for me although the rear speakers do seem abit lower than the fronts.

Hi thank you so much this worked for me although the rear speakers do seem abit lower than the fronts.

Just play around with the settings. Like I said before somewhere in the settings it will say amplifier or eq and you will have a fader so set the fader further towards the rear until you get a good balance.
Also in factory settings (pin is usually 126) you can increase and decrease the volume levels the unit gives out which will give you a louder output from the speakers.