Rear numberplate license lights

Lee.S

Reaction score
just wondering if there are any better replacements for the reflectors as mine are letting in water surprised there is no gasket to seal it.

Thanks

I had to replace my drivers side rear number plate lense as the screw's had been tightened up to tight and had cracked the plastic so it kept getting worse when closing my boot. Any way i just looked for some one breaking one and the one's i got had a thin peice of rubber round them to make them water tight. Just ask before u buy them if they have the rubber on them.

Ive just bought some LED repacements......but when I came to fit, the connector is the wrong size, even though they stated its a 'plug and play' fit.
I asked the question as for refund but they said you can do a simple mod to make them fit - but I haven't done it yet. They cost around £13

There have been a few people on here that have changed there lights to leds and from what ive read from them posting things up is that some of the connectors need a bit of modification for them to fit right.

Just trying to find the right connector

Not sure what you are asking as the replacements for a number plate light unit is an OE unit... there are LED bulb options available (see the FAQs for the LED kit details) but if the unit is f00ked then replacing it with an OE unit is the only option

Part numbers here
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/my-minor-modding-thread.76389/page-87#post-2923373

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty i want to replace the standard bulbs for led ones my lights are fine but i noticed they are letting in water around sides and my actual reflectors have seen better days so would like a pair of replacements. Do the oe units have a rubber seal of some sort?

Ive just bought some LED repacements......but when I came to fit, the connector is the wrong size, even though they stated its a 'plug and play' fit.
I asked the question as for refund but they said you can do a simple mod to make them fit - but I haven't done it yet. They cost around £13

Yeh i seen these on ebay but if they involve chopping wires here and there dont fancy it. Have you done it yet?

It's pretty simple. Two wires.

But depending on what ones you get you might need to grind them down where the screws are meant to be as they don't sit right (at all) the way they are.

These are the ones I've bought, and the issue I have

cc392e64f92c2cdcc85b9d6ba316c538.jpg
540666fab9f52c0795cba43442c8d2b5.jpg

ok yep

you're going to need to find a breaking a3/s3/tt and get the wiring and plug from the puddle lights/boot light. you will notice it is what you need :)

THEN you're going to have to do some grinding because they actually don't fit due to the angle of the screw holes and the width. the ad. is defintely a complete lie! hahaha

Attach with strong double side foam back strip to have the same weatherproof effect as OEM.

It's a bit of long way around but they do look great once installed !

Can somebody help & clarify the size / pitch & length of the screws for the light housing?

Gonna buy x4 new ones for when my replacements come :)

Thanks chaps
Joe

Lad best to get your leds from T8ups on the site as he will be able to give you the correct led's for your number plate and for other parts off your car. you cam fimd him in the sponsors aecrion under EM-Tuning

is it the screws that tighten the small plastic piece to the car if so best just call audi parts and give reg and they should tell tou the lenght