Rear N/S Door not opening

vdt

Reaction score
I got an issue with the rear near side door not opening from the outside after unlocking the car. It opens fine from the inside, but when you lock the car and then try to open it using the handle outside of the door, it stops working. However, once it's unlocked it opens from the outside perfectly fine.

Child lock is off, so I can rule that out. I'm guessing the central locking door mechanism is at fault here?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Mine did the same so drilled a tiny hole in the uppermost part of the plastic casing, then filled it with WD40 been fine for years.

Reactions: Chris-P
Mine did the same so drilled a tiny hole in the uppermost part of the plastic casing, then filled it with WD40 been fine for years.
What plastic casing are you referring to mate?

The actual lock housing you'll see it when you remove the door card

Reactions: vdt
Sounds like the same thing that happened to my A3. Scan showed issue with door lock. Lived with it for a while then finally annoyed me enough to replace the lock mechanism with one off an auction site. Been fine now for 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sounds like the same thing that happened to my A3. Scan showed issue with door lock. Lived with it for a while then finally annoyed me enough to replace the lock mechanism with one off an auction site. Been fine now for 6 months.

How much did you pay for one roughly mate?

Mine was the N/S front door. But was £15.