Rear hand brake solenoid 330mm discs

Audiforlife

Reaction score
Hi one of my handbrake motors has sh*t itself and snapped the belt wondering how easy they are to replace? Any recommendations on places to purchase a new one? It has the part number TRW 32347485 on it. Looking online it could either be a 6 spline or 12 thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi one of my handbrake motors has sh*t itself and snapped the belt wondering how easy they are to replace? Any recommendations on places to purchase a new one? It has the part number TRW 32347485 on it. Looking online it could either be a 6 spline or 12 thanks

Put the rear calipers in the service position, with VCDS, with battery on trickle charge while you do it. Remove brake sliders, unplug wiring harness. There's a couple of torx heads that hold it to the caliper if memory serves. Whip of and fit the new one. Use a little lithium grease on the spline gear would be my advice. Also, grease sliders while you're at it and reseat pads with a little ceramic grease. Use VCDS to close. Job done.

One of the Torx heads was siezed on mine when I rebuilt the caliper last year. I'll see if I have pictures. Try Autodoc for part.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Interesting video here from Dave Sterl regards electro-mechanical handbrake (EPB) and using VCDS.

Regards your quoted TRW part - that includes the caliper as far as I can see. You can possibly just get the electric-part used from Ebay. if you want to go new then I think this motor on its own is £160. See if TRW 3322938508166 fits your car in list of vehicles from Autodoc. I fitted standard Zimmermann 300 rear discs for my 177PS A4 Allroad, but I see this part covers saloons, coupes and avants up to 450PS.

Thanks for the reply and the video. I've got the motor off now it's a 12 tooth shaft but has the 8mm shaft and I'm struggling to find one. Part number is 8K0998281A

Managed to find one on autodoc has anyone used these before?